Wedding Hair

I feel like I've been MIA from the forums lately because I've been so busy planning my wedding for the end of May. Well it is crunch time and I've hit a roadblock in my planning process as I have no clue what I should do with my hair :confused:. I was thinking about straightening it (which I really don't want to do) and then curling it or using flex rods (which I have yet to master). I know I don't want it all down, maybe a fancy side pony tail or half up/half down. Do you ladies or guys have any suggestions? I tried googling curly wedding hair pics but there's not much out there with my curl pattern or at leaset I couldn't find much. Any advice would be helpful. I usually don't do much with my hair other than wear it down so it's hard for me to get creative and come up with wedding hair ideas.

I might go to a salon but I still want to go in there with something in mind other than...."surprise me!" lol
3b/3c
Fine, Long, High Density, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Products
CoWash: YTC Nourishing Conditioner/AO Honeysuckle Rose
LI: GDLI
Styler: KCCC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    There's a beautiful, sewn undo in Curly Girl: The Handbook, pages 161-163, which would be lovely, and ought to be secure for dancing and whatever the day throws at you.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wore my hair up for my wedding, in a curly updo. BUT, they straightened it and then put the curls back in it. I hated it after the fact. I wish I would have just worn it naturally and perhaps down.

Are you on Pinterest? They might have some cute hairstyles there. Congrats! No matter what, you'll be a beautiful bride!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• Still_NyaStill_Nya Posts: 27Registered Users
    What about a high updo with the back smoothed up and have some of your curls fall forward, throw some like baby's breath in there. It's cute in my head, at least :toothy10:

annalynn-mccord-high-top-knot-braided-bun-updo-hairstyle.jpg

As high as this but of course instead of a bun it will be your fabulous curls falling hear and there... like I said: in my head, lol. But I do hope you find a solution.

And also: congrats!!!
    3B--low porosity--high density--fine/medium
    PT: Hello Hydration/coconut oil, Poo: Organix, Condish: Jane Carter, Leave-In: As I Am, CW: Shea Radiance, DT: homemade, Sealant: avocado/jojoba oil, mango butter, Styler: KCCC, Shea Moisture
  • lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am in no way close to getting married, but I really love love love the pinterest pins that mimic/recreate the tangled braid. Everytime I see it I think- oh mommy I want that for MY wedding, lols.

I also am a fan of the fishtail, made messy then put into a bun styles. I have never seen it on curly hair, but it does seem forgiving if you are worried about doing your hair yourself.

Of course some of the help depends on what kind of veil you are wearing, or if you're wearing one at all? Or I guess I'm wondering what accessories you are planning for hair- You could always end up fancy, yet secure for dancing by making a bun, then using bobby pins with crystals or pearls tied on with jewelry wire dispersed through your hair.

This is kind of exciting- please keep us updated and good luck with your decision!
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • NamelessElegyNamelessElegy Posts: 40Registered Users
    I'm not sure what style you're going for with your wedding in general but when I was looking for hairstyles for my wedding I was able to find a lot for curly/wavy hair using search terms such as "boho wedding hair" or "bohemian wedding hair."

I was going for a laid back look anyhow and so I was able to find some that I was in love with.... however I ended up eloping kinda last minute so in the end I just wore my hair down with my natural texture like I would any other day. I figured it was just me and my husband and he loves my hair how I usually wear it :love3: .... and I'm not an accomplished hair styler when it comes to braids or heat curling or whatever else.:oops:

However, I'm not sure what your curl pattern is so the styles that would have worked for me may not work for you. I'm 2a/3a so I had planned to do something kinda like this:
    boho-hairstyle-inspiration-004.jpg

Edit: Your sig finally loaded for me (not sure why it wasn't showing up before?) so I can see now that your hair is definitely more tightly curled than mine. However, I think your hair type could still be lovely in a half-up half-down style with a braid or something. But maybe thats just my inner hippy chick speaking. :D

Edit 2: Maybe something like this? Chic-Wedding-In-Slovakia-Peter-and-Veronika-Photography-Bridal-Musings-47.jpg
    2a/3a (I think?), very fine, medium density, low porosity. Protein craving.
    Low poo: Nature's Gate Biotin Strengthening Shampoo and L'Oreal's EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Shampoo (Occasionally)
    Rinse out/Leave in: TRESemmé Naturals Nourishing Moisture Conditioner
    Stylers: EverSleek Sulfate-Free Smoothing System™ Humidity Defying Leave-In Crème (Occasionally), Fructis Style
    Curl Scrunch Gel
  • tengoRizostengoRizos Posts: 195Registered Users
    I love Love LOVE that second one!!!!
    2c/3a mix and very fine, normal porosity
    Shampoo: Loreal EverSleek Sulfate-free (Only 1 or 2x a week)

CoWash Suave Naturals Coconut or VO5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze

Rinse Out: Giovanni 2chic Avocado and Olive Oil or GVPCB

Leave in: More Suave Naturals Coconut or GVPCB Always diluted with water/epsom salt spray

Products: AG Re:coil with EcoStyler Olive Oil gel or HETT gel

• SortaRicanSortaRican Posts: 310Registered Users
    Thank you all for the recommendations and the congratulations :).
    There's a beautiful, sewn undo in Curly Girl: The Handbook, pages 161-163, which would be lovely, and ought to be secure for dancing and whatever the day throws at you.

I don't have the Curly Girl Handbook but I should probably invest in it. Especially now that I'm curious about this sewn updo.
    DaniGirl88 wrote: »
    I wore my hair up for my wedding, in a curly updo. BUT, they straightened it and then put the curls back in it. I hated it after the fact. I wish I would have just worn it naturally and perhaps down.

Are you on Pinterest? They might have some cute hairstyles there. Congrats! No matter what, you'll be a beautiful bride!

As of last night I was leaning more towards just straightening and then curling it, only because I know it would be easier for someone else to work with instead of my natural curls.

I honestly didn't even think about Pinterest, I've been googling images but I wll definitely look on there. Thanks! :)
    Still_Nya wrote: »
    What about a high updo with the back smoothed up and have some of your curls fall forward, throw some like baby's breath in there. It's cute in my head, at least :toothy10:

annalynn-mccord-high-top-knot-braided-bun-updo-hairstyle.jpg

As high as this but of course instead of a bun it will be your fabulous curls falling hear and there... like I said: in my head, lol. But I do hope you find a solution.

And also: congrats!!!

Thanks! I think I can invision it :). I have done similar styles in the past for different occasions but I'm sure it would be much prettier done professionally.
    lolo918 wrote: »
    I am in no way close to getting married, but I really love love love the pinterest pins that mimic/recreate the tangled braid. Everytime I see it I think- oh mommy I want that for MY wedding, lols.

I also am a fan of the fishtail, made messy then put into a bun styles. I have never seen it on curly hair, but it does seem forgiving if you are worried about doing your hair yourself.

Of course some of the help depends on what kind of veil you are wearing, or if you're wearing one at all? Or I guess I'm wondering what accessories you are planning for hair- You could always end up fancy, yet secure for dancing by making a bun, then using bobby pins with crystals or pearls tied on with jewelry wire dispersed through your hair.

This is kind of exciting- please keep us updated and good luck with your decision!

I just googled the Tangled braid and it is a very pretty look. My hair is about BSL but I think it would look great if my hair was a bit longer (maybe I could get some extensions!)

I will be wearing a veil, 2 actually, one will be a cathedral veil and then a shorter one in the front. Both will likely come off shortly following the ceremony. So I like the idea of incorporating some additional accessories like some crystals or even the baby's breath that Still_Nya mentioned.
    3b/3c

Products
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SortaRicanSortaRican Posts: 310Registered Users
    NamelessElegy, I love both of those! thank you! I could get the second look if I straightened my hair first. However, the third look would nicely compliment my natural curl pattern! Thanks for the term suggestion too; being able to better describe what I am looking for would probably assist google/pinterest in providing me more relevant pics. :)
    3b/3c

Products
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dixygirldixygirl Posts: 279Banned Users
    3b/c, 2c at nape, fine, norm-hi porosity, low density, biracial, BSL
    Conditioner:Kanechom, Silicon Mix. Hello Hydration. ApHogee 2min
    Co-Wash: $ store cond
    Prepoo: combinations of:yogurt, liquid aminos, honey,mustard oil, egg,red palm oil,coconut milk
    Leave in Products: Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla LI, coconut milk, coconut oil, olive oil, or mustard oil
    Naturally curly color treated
    Fan of www.tightlycurly.com "Curly Like Me"
  • lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    @SortaRican, what did you end up choosing for your wedding hair?
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file