Dews in the 80's need a CG RO with no protein and low on humectants

I have tried Suave Naturals and found it drying. I tried Tresemme Naturals and ended up shedding like crazy. I has success with V05 but the one I used is no longer available and the ones available to me have proteins or the smell gives me a headache. I tried Loreal Pure lines and can't stomach the smell. I have ended up settling on GVP Balm, which as the dews hit 80s and humidity hits the 70s, is now causing my hair to feel very dry and just look bad in general. I understand that environmentally it's a losing battle but I'd like to find a rinse out that will at least not add to the problem. Any suggestions for a non humectant rinse out that's protein free, not strongly fragranced, and not Suave or Tresemme?

Comments

• emmmadilemmmaemmmadilemmma Posts: 8Registered Users
    Is there a particular reason you don't want to use any proteins in your rinse-out? Are you protein sensitive? If not, proteins in your rinse-out shouldn't be too much for your hair and they play an important role in keeping it healthy. The Jessicurl conditioners don't have any proteins, but they're a bit pricey.
    One cheaper option is the L'oreal ever sleek deep conditioner
    Also, I don't think the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative conditioner (gold label) has any proteins.
    As for humectants, those really don't matter so much unless they are in very high amounts in your styling products.
    2B, medium textured, medium porosity

CG since Sept. 2012

Cleanser: Jason Dandruff Relief Shampoo (sulfate free)
    RO Conditioners: Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Nature's Gate Jojoba
    Gels/Styling Products: DevaCurl B'Leave In, AG Cosmetics Re:Coil, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel, BSRHG
    Protein Treatment: IAgirl's gelatin protein treatment
    Amla treatment every other week
  • emmmadilemmmaemmmadilemmma Posts: 8Registered Users
    Oh! Also, the Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner doesn't have any proteins, I think...
    2B, medium textured, medium porosity

CG since Sept. 2012

Cleanser: Jason Dandruff Relief Shampoo (sulfate free)
    RO Conditioners: Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner, Nature's Gate Jojoba
    Gels/Styling Products: DevaCurl B'Leave In, AG Cosmetics Re:Coil, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel, BSRHG
    Protein Treatment: IAgirl's gelatin protein treatment
    Amla treatment every other week

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file