We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

What are you reading now?

fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I'm just wondering what's everyone's reading now.

I've just finished Engleby by Sebastian Faulks. And after that intense book, I decided to read something a bit lighter - Moms night out.

Next - Divergent

Comments

• hcook5528hcook5528 Posts: 131Registered Users
    I just started reading Lean In by Sheryl Sandberg and so far I'm loving it!
    Curl Type: mix of 3B and 3C
    Porosity: Low
    Texture: Coarse (medium)
    Kinking Present
    Length: bra strap length or a bit longer

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo

Conditioner: RO Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner; or sometimes Aussie Moist

Leave-In: Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Gel: As I Am Curling Jelly
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm going to look up Engleby.

About to start Loot, about how treasures from one country wind up in another. It's non-fiction.
  • CurlyCitaCurlyCita Posts: 152Registered Users
    I Know why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.

Great book. Well i just finished today.
    Hair type: 3c/4a, high shrinkage :/, high density,medium porosity. ~1inch to APL stretched. Big Chopped: Oct. 2012
    Routine & Products: Sundays- DC on dry hair w/Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream & Olive Oil. Wash w/As I am Coconut Cowash. Condtion&detangle w/any VO5 conditoner. Braid in 5-8 braids w/Shea Moisture Smoothie.
    Wear braidout rest of week. Rebraid every night.

MAYcowash w/VO5 conditioner mid-week and rebraid again. I always unbraid w/Coconut oil on hands.
    That's a sad one. ^

Fonki, I requested Engleby from the library. And I decided to delay Loot until after I read a mass-market piece of cr@p about a lady werewolf.

Wth? Life is short.
  • fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What did u think of Engleby? It was a bit of head wrecker for me. The main character really annoyed me. I won't spoil it though for those yet to read it.

After that book I read Gone girl. I just saw the trailer with Ben Affleck. I can't wait to watch the film.

I've just finished all of John Greens books cept Paper towns. I really enjoyed em - massive teenage years flashback. Lots of laughs.

I also read Hacker - 1st of trilogy which was interesting. I might get the rest of the trilogy. I'm waiting for a kindle sale on those.

I'm now reading Stuck in downward dog which I thought would be really funny - but alas it's more cringe than humour.

I'm listening to audio book Fahrenheit 451 which is amazing considering it was written in the early 1950s.

Not sure what to read next - maybe Paper Towns. Or I might continue with some of those trilogies. Or check what's going on with the book club. Decisions decisions

Happy reading folks!
    I thought Engleby was interesting, but it felt a bit heavy-handed at times. Thanks for the rec.

Currently reading Kate Atkinson. Loved Life after Life and Case Histories, Started Early, Took my Dog a bit less. I'll be following up with her other novels.

Also browsing Jane Austen's England.
  • pinkpostitheartpinkpostitheart Posts: 112Registered Users
    What am I not reading should be the question of this!:toothy7:
    Avid reader, have picked up:

Mornings in Jenin by Susan Abulhawa (love love it so far and I'm only 10 pages in; happy there's a glossary in the back for all the Arabic and explanation of prayer/salat, etc.)

Witches of East End by Melissa de la Cruz (I like witches and I started watching the series this month)

I'll Be Right There by Kyung Sook Shin (have wanted to read this author for awhile; I want to read more translated-into-English-from-Korean works)

Landline by Rainbow Rowell (I get all swoony each time she describes the men and women's relationships in her books. Gives me goosebumps. I enjoy all of her works, but my least fave was Fangirl)

All the Light we cannot See by Anthony Doerr (have been reading the most historical fiction I've ever read about Europe during WWII. The chapters are really short/choppy. Not sure if I like the style or not yet...)

The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith/JK Rowling (good mystery; am I the only one put off though by how many times the author writes that the main character's hair is "not nice" and is "like p/ubic hair"????? Side note: I imagine Robin as a young Kate Winslet in her 20s/30s time)

I also have Queen Sugar and Soy Sauce for Beginners on rotation. I love stories about women and their businesses/career triumphs.

event.png

Last Relaxer: 12/24/2012
    Weekly Products I'm Using:
    Pantene Relaxed & Naturals Shampoo and Conditioner
    Blue Magic Hairdress
    Grapeseed Oil
    my hair is normal-ish porosity / dense / fine+medium strands
  • CurlyGabCurlyGab Posts: 1Registered Users
    Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
    First book in the Sookie Stackhouse series that TrueBlood is based on.:)
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 11,983Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Sycamore Road by John Grisham. In this novel he returns to the place of his first novel which was made into a movie: A Time to Kill. I like all the Grisham novels.

Previously, he was a lawyer, but I forgive that lapse in judgment since he writes a crackerjack book and he is literate and amusing.
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • pinkpostitheartpinkpostitheart Posts: 112Registered Users
    An Illustrated History of Korea: ancient times up to 1945

Thought it might be nice to start watching some of my Korean period dramas again, and this helps fill in some gaps of knowledge.

event.png

Last Relaxer: 12/24/2012
    Weekly Products I'm Using:
    Pantene Relaxed & Naturals Shampoo and Conditioner
    Blue Magic Hairdress
    Grapeseed Oil
    my hair is normal-ish porosity / dense / fine+medium strands
  • nikcielonikcielo Posts: 8Registered Users
    The Chocolat trilogy :)
    At the end of the second book, Girl with no Shadow (Lollipop Shoes)
    Very good read, all of them are!:lol:
    Hair: 2c, High elasticity, Med-Course thickness, High porosity
    tumblr: solsticerunnr.tumblr.com
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Just finished Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas and now onto Dangerous Boys!
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list