do you have these hairs that never grow?

mamaherreramamaherrera Posts: 886Registered Users Curl Neophyte
For about an inch in from my hairline, I have tons of these hairs that don't grow more than 6 inches. Just wondering if you all have this?? It takes forever, for my "Normal" length hair to start.
2c
Medium texture
Normal porosity
Normal elasticity
can get weighed down with lots of oils
Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
Gel: Kiss my face gel
DT:Jessicurl
Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness
working on: getting rid of frizz from the get-go

Comments

• CurlyDiva71CurlyDiva71 Posts: 130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yes, I have those too. They're all around my hairline, especially at the temples. The hair never gets past 2 inches or so. That's one reason I never cared for putting my hair up, because those stupid hairs stick up all over and NOTHING will make them stay down!

3A, a mix of boticelli, corkicelli, and a few s-waves, baby fine, naturally porous, medium/high density

Pre-poo: coconut oil
    Co-wash: TJ's Tea Tree Tingle, Sauve Naturals, VO5, As I Am coconut co-wash
    Conditioner: TJ's Nourish, Tresseme Naturals, Sauve Naturals coconut, SM Coconut & Hibiscus
    LI: KCKT
    Styling: DevaCurl Light Defining Gel, HETT Mousse (HG's!)
    EcoStyler Krystal (new HG!!!), BRHG
    coconut oil or jojoba oil to SOTC
    Color treated with demi-permanent color to cover first grays
  • ZeldahimeZeldahime Posts: 223Registered Users
    Same. Mine only grow to about 2 or 3 in. as well. They definitely have a mind of their own.
    Very fine, high porosity, currently dyed and growing out the relaxed portions. I'm pretty sure my hair's 3b something IIRC. We will be finding out for sure as time goes by.
  • mamaherreramamaherrera Posts: 886Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    thanks everyone for sharing!
    2c
    Medium texture
    Normal porosity
    Normal elasticity
  • CurlyCitaCurlyCita Posts: 152Registered Users
    YES YES YES!!! Right along my temples, especially on the right side of my head, my hair takes forever to grow. I know mines is genetic (father's side). My hair has been like this since forever. It sucks sometimes when i want to wear my hair up or back but over the years, ive grown to accept it and work with what i have. :blob7:
    Hair type: 3c/4a, high shrinkage :/, high density,medium porosity. ~1inch to APL stretched. Big Chopped: Oct. 2012
    Routine & Products: Sundays- DC on dry hair w/Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream & Olive Oil. Wash w/As I am Coconut Cowash. Condtion&detangle w/any VO5 conditoner. Braid in 5-8 braids w/Shea Moisture Smoothie.
    Wear braidout rest of week. Rebraid every night.

MAYcowash w/VO5 conditioner mid-week and rebraid again. I always unbraid w/Coconut oil on hands.
    So you have a temple that has thinner/shorter hairs than the other side?? I Have that too! in fact, my left temple is totally different than the right!
    2c
    Medium texture
    Normal porosity
    Normal elasticity
  • CurlyCitaCurlyCita Posts: 152Registered Users
    So you have a temple that has thinner/shorter hairs than the other side?? I Have that too! in fact, my left temple is totally different than the right!

Yep. Both are extremely short compared to the rest of my head but one side is shorter than the other. Its more like baby hair.
    Hair type: 3c/4a, high shrinkage :/, high density,medium porosity. ~1inch to APL stretched. Big Chopped: Oct. 2012
    Routine & Products: Sundays- DC on dry hair w/Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioning Repair Cream & Olive Oil. Wash w/As I am Coconut Cowash. Condtion&detangle w/any VO5 conditoner. Braid in 5-8 braids w/Shea Moisture Smoothie.
    Wear braidout rest of week. Rebraid every night.

MAYcowash w/VO5 conditioner mid-week and rebraid again. I always unbraid w/Coconut oil on hands.
  • HeartsesHeartses Posts: 37Registered Users
    I have those...they're also a looser curl pattern than my 4a curls, I'd say they are a mix of 2s and 3s. They stick out of my twists and it looks funny. I used to think it was breakage but it's def not.
  • NinjaCookieNinjaCookie Posts: 99Registered Users
    Yes! The top layers of the back of my head are about 4 inches shorter than the rest of my hair :(
    In the back, I have those short layers too. Doesn't bother me as much. . . probably because I can't see them! But the ones in front, it seems like it takes an inch inward for them to become normal long ones. Like it's not just a little tiny patch of area, it's a good size area. A big transition piece I would say!
    2c
    Medium texture
    Normal porosity
    Normal elasticity