Bonding Over Curls

russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I was traveling in Florida today and went to Target to get some things. I was in the Naturals section checking out what they have and this other girl and I bonded over how great the Shea Moisture products!

Great moment :)

Also, Target is clearly the Mecca of hair products for curly hair. Totally going there next time I need products!
2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran

Comments

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That is awesome! I love Target for that reason. It gets me in trouble though, because I could spend so much time and money there!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• CurlyDiva71CurlyDiva71 Posts: 130Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Target is the best store ever! That's where I get most of my curly supplies! I have to watch myself there, because I'm not just a hair product junkie, I'm also a nail polish and makeup junkie. So that whole section gets me in trouble. My husband is always trying to steer me away from it. lol

3A, a mix of boticelli, corkicelli, and a few s-waves, baby fine, naturally porous, medium/high density

Pre-poo: coconut oil
    Co-wash: TJ's Tea Tree Tingle, Sauve Naturals, VO5, As I Am coconut co-wash
    Conditioner: TJ's Nourish, Tresseme Naturals, Sauve Naturals coconut, SM Coconut & Hibiscus
    LI: KCKT
    Styling: DevaCurl Light Defining Gel, HETT Mousse (HG's!)
    EcoStyler Krystal (new HG!!!), BRHG
    coconut oil or jojoba oil to SOTC
    Color treated with demi-permanent color to cover first grays
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sally's for me is like that bar Cheers. Everybody knows my name and they''re always glad I came. lol
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Are there product variations from Target to Target? Cuz mine here in Eugene, OR was not nearly as well-stocked as the one in West Palm :(

Current Products:

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    West Palm! I lived there for 13 years... and hated the Target on Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., it seemed like each time I went there I couldn't find what I needed or the prices were higher than at other places so I gave up on it... maybe it has improved in recent years!

So how did you like WPB? My children still live there and I was there exactly a month ago, it's bittersweet to hear about it... :crybaby:
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil

I like West Palm a lot! My grandfather lived there before he passed, so we used to visit him there. Always fantastic weather, particularly coming from Oregon (where the weather isn't always stellar).

Also, I think I was so impressed by the Target there because their array of curly products is so much wider than the one at home. But for the most part, Target is Target. lol

Current Products:

Ah, so you've been there many times! How do you like downtown, City Place & the Kravis Center (if you've been there). I used to go to the downtown library a lot. Also, when I felt a little down I'd drive over one of the bridges into Palm Beach, which is more beautiful, and I'd drive by the millionaire homes and dream, lol!

Up to this time of the year the weather in WPB can be nice although pretty warm, but it can rain a lot during the summer, especially during July & August, some years it was like every single day for weeks on end. During my first year there it was pretty peculiar that the sun would be out every day until the afternoon (bet. 3-5) and suddenly a torrential rain/thunderstorm would unleash, which could last for a good while, I got trapped at a supermarket that way for close to an hour because I didn't take an umbrella with me, which might not have really helped, finally I think an employee walked me to my car with a big one. I hated getting caught in such storms as it became impossible to see one inch before you. But I suppose it rains a lot in OR, right? But I've heard it's a beautiful state.

Oh, and what about the hurricanes... in '04 we went through 2 in the span of 2 weeks, we were without electricity for more than a week. And as if that weren't enough, after we barely escaped from Katrina in Aug. of '05, in October we got hit by Wilma and again were without power for a while, but at least that time we lived in a house that had a gas stove and water heater so I could cook and my children could take their hot showers (I like cold water in the summer!). After that the cost of living went up a lot and I became very disenchanted with living there so I began thinking of leaving S. FL, and I finally moved in Aug. of '10 to the "upstate" of S.C.

I visited a Target in Greenville, SC and it was OK, but I didn't get to check out their hair product aisle... I haven't even noticed if where I live now (Greenwood, I guess I just love "green", lol!) there is one... hmm! But here I already discovered all the beauty supplies and those are a lot of fun.
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.

I've never been to the Kravis Center, but I love City Place. I like outdoor malls in general... They feel less crowded because they give the illusion (and probably the reality) of more space. I wish we could have one here, but, as you said, it rains A LOT especially through the winter and parts of spring.

It's finally starting to feel like summer here, and it's so green, so we kind of get the best of both worlds. :)

Current Products:

I found out there's no target here, well, maybe less temptations for me, lol!

The stores at City Place are expensive, so unless something has changed since I moved it's not like a mall at all.

I hope someday to be able to visit that part of the country, the farthest I've gotten was S. CA.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file