Newbie from New York!

dominiusdominius Posts: 4Registered Users
Hi, My name's Kadeem. I'm a frequent visitor of NaturallyCurly.com and just decided, what the heck, why not make an account? So, I did that a few months ago (mostly to ask about my hairtype). Since then I haven't been active until now. But, I plan on frequenting the forums more regularly.

I decided to grow out my hair in September of last year from almost shaven. So, it's been 8 months so far and my hair is about 4 inches (stretched) now. My goal is to have Mid-Back Length however many years it takes.

I'm still not 100% sure about my hairtype. I think I'm actually 3c on the sides of my heads, 4a on the crown, and just 3c, 4a, and 4b randomly distributed throughout the back of my head. My hair seems to always be dry and tangly.

So far, the products I've used (and currently use) in my hair are:
- Aussie Moist 3-minute Miracle Conditioner
- Cantu Argan Oil Leave-in Conditioner
- Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Curl Defining Pudding
- Ecostyler Styling Gel (Pink)
- Coconut Oil

I look forward to learning more about how to care for my hair properly, and some good new products and techniques to use with my hair. Hope to get to know some of you curlies! :happy2:
3c/4a/4b: Thick, Fine, High Porosity, Normal Elasticity, TWA
Low Poo: Dr. Organic's Pure Castile Soap w/ Tea Tree
Cowash: Aussie Moist 3-minute miracle
Stylers: Ecostyler Styling Gel
Sealers: Coconut Oil, EVOO

Comments

• SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hi Kadeem, welcome. Something that's really helped me is learning about my hair's properties. There are lots of threads on the subject, and here's a link in case you haven't come across this info yet. http://livecurlylivefree.com/curly%20hair%20basics.htm
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    Welcome Kadeem, I hope you enjoy yourself here. :smile:
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file