Hair help?

nicholex0nicholex0 Posts: 6Registered Users
My hair is very dry and hard to manage. I don't know much about proper hair care; I use a regular conditioner and leave-in daily and shampoo every other week. I've never cut my hair yet it's remained the same length basically all my life, and I'm 17 now. I don't straighten, blow dry, or relax my hair. It's natural but extremely dry.

Any advice/tips on dealing with my hair? :help: Here are pics if it helps;

Comments

• KamiYeagerKamiYeager Posts: 1Registered Users
    Have u tried a hot oil treatment.. They work wonders in my hair

Sent from my LG-MS770 using CurlTalk App
  • dixygirldixygirl Posts: 279Banned Users
    I think also applying your oil on wet hair and sealing it all in with a creamy product like a shea butter cream will help by using the LOC formula
    first Liquid in the form of a leave in or simply wet hair
    then Oil
    finally a Cream to seal
    You might really like these Conair Wave Clips I just discovered too!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObrhwCdFhrs
    3b/c, 2c at nape, fine, norm-hi porosity, low density, biracial, BSL
    Conditioner:Kanechom, Silicon Mix. Hello Hydration. ApHogee 2min
    Co-Wash: $ store cond
    Prepoo: combinations of:yogurt, liquid aminos, honey,mustard oil, egg,red palm oil,coconut milk
    Leave in Products: Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla LI, coconut milk, coconut oil, olive oil, or mustard oil
    Naturally curly color treated
    Fan of www.tightlycurly.com "Curly Like Me"
  • CoifedCoilsCoifedCoils Posts: 31Registered Users
    You should probably deep condition weekly if you don't already.
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If your hair is staying the same length then you are experiencing breakage. If you never cut it then likely you have split ends too. If you do have splits then the best thing to do is cut them off. Breakage can be caused by several things but these are my tips for dryness.

1. Weekly dc's
    2. hot oil treatment with EVOO or CO before shampooing
    3. clarifying to remove any buildup
    4. Using an oil based product over a water based product to seal

5. Experiment with your cowash schedule.
    My big question would also be how often do you water or cowash your hair. I ask because I get a lot of black women who come up to me complaining about dryness and when I ask how often they wash they say not often or rarely and I'm like :confused3:

I think some of them are still stuck in that avoid water at all cost mindset. When I tell them I wash a minimum of twice a week they think I'm crazy and some have even called me a white girl. Not everyone needs as much washing but I do and you need to learn you hair. My hair has a 3 day, maybe squeeze 4 and it absolutely has to be washed in order to stay moistuized. Two weeks wouldn't work for me. Days my hair is not washed I take a spritz bottle of water and conditioner and dampen it. In the winter I add glycerine to my mix. My hair needs water every single day. How often does yours need it? I suggest after clarifying and dcing you try cowashing with a moisturizing silicone free conditioner every other day to see if it makes a difference then after a while start to go longer to see how that works
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • So_JaneSo_Jane Posts: 155Registered Users
    nicholex0 wrote: »
    My hair is very dry and hard to manage. I don't know much about proper hair care; I use a regular conditioner and leave-in daily and shampoo every other week. I've never cut my hair yet it's remained the same length basically all my life, and I'm 17 now. I don't straighten, blow dry, or relax my hair. It's natural but extremely dry.

Any advice/tips on dealing with my hair? :help: Here are pics if it helps;

Your hair is very pretty!

A lot of people who successfully dealt with shedding or length plateau issues have suggested long-term (non-extension) protective styling, that will allow your hair to rest and accumulate more growth. But don't use extension braids or lace-front wigs, etc..., as they cause permanent hair-loss over time.

And also Egg protein Deep Treatments and Yogurt Deep Treatments.

To increase growth specifically, you can also try pre-treating hair with the Onion Juice Overnight Pre-Treatment--where you spritz your hair with water and apply onion juice directly to your scalp using an eye dropper and cover with plastic cap overnight and co-wash or shampoo out. Most of the ladies with longer hair that I have spoken to about this, suggest using this treatment either once each week or maybe every 4 days.

This and other great recipes at: http://www.onlinealchemieforum.forumotion.com

HTH!

'Poo: Aubrey Organics or Suave Clarifying
    or Liquid African Black Soap (only 4-ingredients ; awesome!)
    Co-Wash: Aubrey Organics or Suave Condish
    Condish: Aubrey Organics or Onion Mask or Yogurt
    DT: Honey + Olive Oil + AO Condish or Yogurt mix
    ---
    Best Gel Combo, Ever!: Elasta Qp Feels Like Silk Liquid Gel +/under Eco Styler [Krystal, Brown] Gel (or under Wetline Extreme Styling Gel)- awesome!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file