Newbie to natural hair! HELP

Blissfully3CBlissfully3C Posts: 25Registered Users
With my 3c hair at bra strap length, I would love to grow it healthier and longer! I have a high density, normal porosity and fine width. Also shrinkage is a HUGE problem for me, any tips?

Stay bliss.

Comments

• Aliciamelena87Aliciamelena87 Posts: 68Registered Users
    1. Embrace the shrinkage. Shrinkage never hurt anyone…unless you get bad knots…that hurts (a lot)

2. Stretch the hair. There are plenty of heat and heatless methods to lengthen locs and avoid shrinkage. My favorites are banding, using curlformers, gently pulling q-redew wand through hair.

Oh, bonus: don't scrunch hair when applying products. Use praying hands method instead to smooth product down the hair shaft. You'll still get great curls! :)
  • pinkmouse09pinkmouse09 Posts: 107Registered Users
    Two strand twists help me to avoid shrinkage. I always make sure to put a good amount of conditioner/curl creme in to keep them weighed down during the drying process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just at BSL (when stretched) goal is HL, 3a/b, medium thickness, medium porosity
    CG since March 2013
    Conditoner/Detangle: V05 Moisture Milk (Passion Fruit Smoothie), Aussie Moist
    Clarify: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo
    Styling: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Curl Milk, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
    Vitamins: One Daily and GNC Ultra NourishHair
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I personally don't mind shrinkage but I do mind frizzy. Love the shrinkage. It's a part of curly life.
  • HeartsesHeartses Posts: 37Registered Users
    Yeah shrinkage is cool but no one wants their hair shrunken up to their ears when it's at least 6 inches past that.
  • WonderWallWonderWall Posts: 19Registered Users
    shrinkage. is a blessing and a curse that we all just have to live with.
    Pre-Poo: Aleo/acv + oil
    Shampoo: Shampoo bar
    Conditiner: A Mix of things
    Leave-in: thick leave in/ butter
    Refresh: light leave in /water/oil
  • chicabonita93chicabonita93 Posts: 18Registered Users
    try doing braid outs or twist outs, it keeps ur hair from gettting as tangled and will show more length. ive also noticed if i let my hair dry in one or two french braids it helps alot, plus if u leave the braids in for a day or two it counts as a protective style;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file