hairfinity makes me break out real bad

etosetos Posts: 221Registered Users
Anybody else has this problem? Is there something to do about it or should I just quit? :sad5:
highlighted 3a hair. Fine strands, medium to high density. Probably high porosity. Growing uit bad layering and aiming for waist lenght!

Pre-poo: coconut oil
wash: CJ Daily fix or SheaMoisture Coconut&Hibiscus
RO + LI: different every time
Styler: CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB

dislikes: glycerin in low dews, scissor happy stylists, magnesium sulfate

(modified) CG since june 25, 2012
Hiarfinity + extra MSM since March 5., 2014

SL - APL - BSBL- BSL - MBL - WL (stretched)

Comments

• ashlyndmarieashlyndmarie Posts: 211Registered Users
    How much water are you drinking with it?
    You need to drink a lot of water to prevent those breakouts
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I got that reaction from hair vitamins a long time ago. It's probably niacin flushing. I stopped taking the vitamins because my breakouts had started to look like cystic acne and my face was red. They went away once I stopped taking them. I don't have this problem with otg error vitamins. I think it was the level of niacin that was the issue.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • etosetos Posts: 221Registered Users
    I took one in the afternon and one in the night, both with a glass of water (250 ml). I tought that would be enough? I stopped for now, but I might try them again when my skin is calm again, with even more water?

&multicultcurly: Have the otg error vitamins also have a lot of biotin in it? Most people claim that you get breakouts from biotin?
    highlighted 3a hair. Fine strands, medium to high density. Probably high porosity. Growing uit bad layering and aiming for waist lenght!

Pre-poo: coconut oil
    wash: CJ Daily fix or SheaMoisture Coconut&Hibiscus
    RO + LI: different every time
    Styler: CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB

dislikes: glycerin in low dews, scissor happy stylists, magnesium sulfate

(modified) CG since june 25, 2012
    Hiarfinity + extra MSM since March 5., 2014

SL - APL - BSBL- BSL - MBL - WL (stretched)
  • Always@night[email protected] Posts: 566Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Hairfinity has biotin in it, which is known to break a lot of people out. Although i don't have a problem with either supplement I have heard people fix the problem by downing their dosage and increasing water intake Also taking the pills separately with a meal( one in the morning one at night, as opposed to taking them together)is also a solution i have heard.

Also I have heard that by time some people are on their second bottle the breakouts subside.
    Although everyone is different. Best wishes,
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Both vitamin A and Niacin can cause skin rashes in large doses.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  • multicultcurlymulticultcurly Posts: 5,136Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    etos wrote: »
    I took one in the afternon and one in the night, both with a glass of water (250 ml). I tought that would be enough? I stopped for now, but I might try them again when my skin is calm again, with even more water?

&multicultcurly: Have the otg error vitamins also have a lot of biotin in it? Most people claim that you get breakouts from biotin?

Sorry that was supposed to be other vitamins. I haven't had breakouts with B vitamins, multivitamins, and the hair & skin vitamins from another health store that I can't remember the name. Niacin is a b vitamin but I think it was the amount that causes the flushing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using CurlTalk App
    3b/c, medium-coarse, low porosity, high density
    HG: Jessicurl Too Shea and Kinky Curly Curling Custard
    Shampoo: nonsulfate shampoo and Suave Naturals sulfate shampoo when needed
  • KrullenbolKrullenbol Posts: 114Registered Users
    2 glasses of water is not enough, I would drink at least 1ltr - 2ltrs of water

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file