Wavy Shrinkage

wavydazewavydaze Registered Users Posts: 2,065 Curl Novice
Never paid much attention to shrinkage because I'm a wavy after all and the factor isn't anywhere near the shrinkage of tightly coiled curls.

However, I've been patiently waiting for my hair to grow, aiming for mid-back length dry. I also have leftover thinned-out ends, which need to go, so essentially I need to achieve waist-length hair dry and cut off the thinned-out ends to have mid-back length hair dry.

Anyway, I actually stretched out my hair and looked in the mirror today and to my surprise, it was mid-back length! However, it normally looks BSL or APL depending on how curly/wavy it is on the day. Hmmm...

Do you get shrinkage? Is it noticeable?
2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
:angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646

Comments

• russianprncssrussianprncss Registered Users Posts: 450 Curl Neophyte
    I definitely get shrinkage! A lot of times I'll go to my hairdresser and she'll tell me how much longer it looks and I'll say, "What?!"
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
  • chupiechupie Registered Users Posts: 5,280 Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah. I probably have a 2 inch bounce some days? My ends are looking thin already but my hair is only just past shoulder :( boo hiss.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • bird19bird19 Registered Users Posts: 66
    Yes, I definitely have shrinkage! I'm a loose wavy so mine's mostly noticeable because my hair's pretty short. It goes straight when it's being cut (as the hair cutter pulls the wet hair straight while it dries), so they're always surprised when it springs up after rewetting. I always have to tell them an inch or more longer than I really want it. :)
    2a/2b, fine and thin
    new wavy!

currently using:
    cleansing: BS/ACV rinse weekly
    PT: Gelatin PT
    Conditioner: Desert Essences fragrance-free
    Styling: LOTD Aloe

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file