CurlTalk

Michaels Salon in Massapequa, NY???

LImeLIme Posts: 57Registered Users
Saw their name on the Deva website as curl consultants..Any Long Island Wavies/curlies ever go there..just looking for a "Deva" trim...thanks..

Comments

• curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    No, but I did call one time. I ended up going to Jon Megaris in Plainview (site has them listed as St. James, which is incorrect). I went to Steven & he was excellent! However, when I went to book him two weeks ago, he was on vacation (so I was told) and Laurissa did my hair - she was good as well. When my friend called to book Steven last week, she got a call back from him saying he switched salons - so I need to find that info once she gets it!! Anyway, not that I'm much help, but I did not go to the one you mentioned, but went to one on LI that I really liked....
  • LImeLIme Posts: 57Registered Users
    thanks CurlsofNY, i actually was going to call Jon Megaris and go to Steven after your last haircut..I just want a trim and I am "afraid" to go just anywhere after the last "consultant" cut my hair...I am unsure of trying the place in Massapequa. I called and they said they would cut it dry but they also use Goldwell Shampoo etc..I have been to 2 consultants and neither were "into" the Devacurl thing at all and I wonder how Devachan can put their names on their websites and recommend them..Please post if you find out where Steven from Jon Megaris went..thank you
    LIme wrote:
    thanks CurlsofNY, i actually was going to call Jon Megaris and go to Steven after your last haircut..I just want a trim and I am "afraid" to go just anywhere after the last "consultant" cut my hair...I am unsure of trying the place in Massapequa. I called and they said they would cut it dry but they also use Goldwell Shampoo etc..I have been to 2 consultants and neither were "into" the Devacurl thing at all and I wonder how Devachan can put their names on their websites and recommend them..Please post if you find out where Steven from Jon Megaris went..thank you

My friend thinks the name of the salon is Zebo - it is in the Huntington area & she believes it is a salon that is under a new name. She is going tomorrow, so I will get a full report!! Steve was great, he supposively knows Lorraine pretty well & does cut dry & use the Deva products. My friend did confirm that this new salon, Zebo, has the Deva products - that is a good sign.
    thanks curlsofny :D
  • elleceselleces Posts: 68Registered Users
    Hi fellow LI curlie,

If you want to stay on the South Shore, I just had my hair cut by Dee who is a Deva-trained stylist at the Defusion salon in Rockville Centre. They use all the Deva products, and do the Deva cut dry. My haircut was great and it still looks great almost a week later.

I usually go to Devachan for my haircuts, but now that I've found Defusion I will go there. Its cheaper and much closer to home.

I hope that helps!
    Botticelli/3A with some waves too!
    Good to know and I am on the South Shore; i haven't been to Devachan in over a year..just thought i would get a trim, if possible, on the island then grow it out some more then go back to the city...I am growing out a very, very, very haircut, miss my waves terribly..it has been 7 months so far...it looks so out of shape but i think it has to grow some more..trying to go for 10 months..hope i can do it..
    Lime, my friend went today & LOVED her cut & color. The salon is Salon Zeba in Huntington on Jericho Tpke. Sorry, I still don't have the number, but she is going to give me the card when I see her (we were both driving when we spoke).
    CurlsofNY I believe this is the place
    Salon Zeba
    444 West Jericho Turnpike, Huntington, NY 11743
    (631) 367-8037

its not too far from me..straight up the SOB..!!!!!
    LIme wrote:
    CurlsofNY I believe this is the place
    Salon Zeba
    444 West Jericho Turnpike, Huntington, NY 11743
    (631) 367-8037

its not too far from me..straight up the SOB..!!!!!

Yes, I'm sure that's it!! She really had a great experience. Steven just switched to that salon.
    sorry duplicate post.
    curls, did your friend say how much she paid??
    LIme wrote:
    curls, did your friend say how much she paid??

Yes, same as I paid when I went to Steve, $70 for the cut. She also had color & it was $60.
    thanks so much..I love this website..I get my hair colored elsewhere, they refuse to use my Deva products to wash but I am always with the color..hopefully i will get the nerve to go for a cut soon!!!thanks Curls
    I meant always HAPPY with the color..(i didnt proof read my post)
    No problem, good luck. I know the salon I go to (the one where Steve just left), they would not use the no poo to wash out the color, but would use the low poo.
  • canItouchemcanItouchem Posts: 10Registered Users
    Please let me know how you like your haircut. I've been searching for a long island salon but end up going into the city. There are no salons in mass that are good that I know of...

Joanne
    I just blew dry my hair today for the first time in quite a while, I was so disgusted with it, and saw way too many layers from my last lousy haircut..I think i will have to wait for it to grow a little longer, trying to hold out for 10 months, dont know if i can do it..already 7 months but i will definitely go to the Salon CurlsofNY mentioned in Huntington..You are right Joanne, i have not found anyone good in Mass. to cut hair...
    good luck Lime!!!
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    CurlsofNY - this info rocks!! I wasn't entirely happy with my last Deva-cut and when you're shelling out $100+ for a haircut you want to be over the moon with it.

I'll definitely going to try to find Stephen and get my next trim there.

We should have a mini LI Curls gathering!!!
    I'm a little nervous. I haven't been to devachan in 4 years. I did like my cuts because it tighened up my curls a lot, howver, I thought that they lacked a sense of style. I only saw Jose. Sometimes you want something a little different and I didn't think they could deliver. Waiting 4+ weeks for a haircut is out of the question. My last haircuts have been at Arrojo Studio of (What not to Wear). Great salon but the stylist slices through and after a while I had a lot of frizz.

I might as well bite the bullet and go. I'll let you know when I make the appt.

LIme - where do you buy your hair products? Promenade on Sunrise?

OK - I made an apt for 3/31 @ 10:45 (all they had). Nothing this Sat...

Joanne
    CurlieGlamourGirlie, a LI gathering sounds like a good idea..

Joanne-I was getting my Deva products there but switched to Ulta..I have their Club card and I am always getting coupons for 2-3$ off or 20% off 1 item so that works out well but the last time i was there they did not have [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]Arc Angell[/buylink]...Where are you going for your haircut, back to Nick
    Arrojo's Place or Devachan??
  • CURLYCATHYCURLYCATHY Posts: 21Registered Users
    Do you think he's just as good as going to Devachan? I'm thinking of going to Devachan soon (for the first time) but this is right in my neighborhood. Now I don't know what to do.
    LIme

I made the appt with the place in Huntington (zeba) with Steve...If I change my mind I would go back to Arrojo only because I don't like to wait a month to get a cut. I would like a dry haircut, so I hope Steve will cut it dry! The deva products never worked for me.

What ulta do you go to since they closed the one in Merrick. The good thing about ulta is you can return. The place on sunrise is so over priced, but I by there on occasion. My last cut (8 weeks) ago was from a recommendation on the site, this is bad, I can't even remember the name of the salon. Was ok, just ok. Cut it key and my top is too heavy and frizzy.

Yes, we should have a LI gathering!
  • CurlieGlamourGirlieCurlieGlamourGirlie Posts: 1,198Registered Users
    LIme

I made the appt with the place in Huntington (zeba) with Steve...If I change my mind I would go back to Arrojo only because I don't like to wait a month to get a cut. I would like a dry haircut, so I hope Steve will cut it dry! The deva products never worked for me.

What ulta do you go to since they closed the one in Merrick. The good thing about ulta is you can return. The place on sunrise is so over priced, but I by there on occasion. My last cut (8 weeks) ago was from a recommendation on the site, this is bad, I can't even remember the name of the salon. Was ok, just ok. Cut it key and my top is too heavy and frizzy.

Yes, we should have a LI gathering!

I hit the Ultas in Levittown on Hempstead Tpke and the one on Glen Cove Road. I was shocked that the one in Merrick closed! I've also hit the Tri-County Flea Market for my Back to Basics Pommegranate Peach condish. They have good prices on it!
    I was also getting my Deva Products at a store in Sunrise Mall, I cant remember the name, top level..The Ulta i go to is in Levittown on Hempstead Turnpike..I didnt realize they closed the Merrick Ulta!

CurlieGlamourgirlie When are you going for your haircut and good luck!!! If you look back on this thread CurlsNY said she went to Stephen and he cut her hair dry and she liked him and her friend went to him as well.

The Deva products seem to be the only ones that work for me..I am more wavy than curly and they really bring that out in my hair. I was one of those people who thought she had straight hair but frizzy..After reading CG I realized it was wavy and never looked back....
    there was an ulta in LT. Oh, boy, may have to go today! Yup, I know the place in the mall, I bought there too.