10 years of heat damage

SupahHSupahH Posts: 15Registered Users
hello, my name is holly. i know a lot of you will probably cringe when you read this, but I've been straightening my hair every day for the past 10 years without using a heat protectant, sometimes even on wet hair. worse yet, when i discovered sulfate-free shampoo, i started using that but continued to slap on silicones like nobody's business. i had the worst product build up ever. needless to say, my hair was terrible.

anyway, I've been CG for about a month now and I'm amazed by my hair. I'm actually getting compliments for once. i have so much more confidence. this site has been a lifesaver for me :toothy5:
2c/3a
Glycerin sensitive, protein craving
Co wash- AIA coconut :love10:
rinse out- GVP conditioning balm
DT: Joico K-pak
LI: KCKT
Gel- lots of FSG

Comments

• CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    Welcome SupahH! There will probably be very little cringing here since most of us had put our hair through a lot in the past, but if we do cringe is at the memories, lol!

Anyway, you're in the right place to start anew, I cannot even begin to tell you the amount of wonderful information, wisdom and experience that you can find here. So take your time going through the basics in this site, the "Q&As", search function, articles, etc. Very soon you might be the one passing on great advice to other newbies!
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil

• Aqua_LilyAqua_Lily Posts: 557Registered Users
    Welcome SupahH! We've all been there when it comes to damaging our hair, haha :P
    4-2.png
    Current length: tailbone
    Goal length: mid-thigh (wet)
    3A/2C M iii med por, high elast

HGs:
    Clarify: Nivea
    Lo-poo: Nature's Gate
    CW: Elvive Volume Collagen
    RO: EO Keratin, Desert Essence Raspberry

LI: Elvive volume collagen, KCKT
    Seal: Grapeseed oil
    Gel: Studioline