After Hair Analysis Product/Technique Advice

Deleting Post
Curl Type: mix of 3B and 3C
Porosity: Low
Texture: Coarse (medium)
Kinking Present
Length: bra strap length or a bit longer

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo

Conditioner: RO Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner; or sometimes Aussie Moist

Leave-In: Giovanni Direct Leave-In
Gel: As I Am Curling Jelly

Comments

• Cin3deeCin3dee Posts: 1Registered Users
    Wow. I sent my hair in for analysis too. This all sounds rather confusing to me. Hmmm I was hoping for product suggestions. That isn't part of the analysis? It seems like a lot of work trying to be a curly girl. I'm getting so frustrated with my hair and all my attempts to get it right.
    Hope you get yours figured out! I'm anxious to figure mine out as well. Good luck.
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Cin3dee wrote: »
    Wow. I sent my hair in for analysis too. This all sounds rather confusing to me. Hmmm I was hoping for product suggestions. That isn't part of the analysis? It seems like a lot of work trying to be a curly girl. I'm getting so frustrated with my hair and all my attempts to get it right.
    Hope you get yours figured out! I'm anxious to figure mine out as well. Good luck.

@Cin3dee - The analysis does include product /ingredient recs, but I'd think those took a lot of time and effort to put together. If I got an analysis, I wouldn't post exact quotes of that portion, either in part or in its entirety. Doing that would be unfair to IAGirl (the member here who does the GooseFootprints analysis). I would however, maybe mention them in general "I was told to avoid oils /butters" for instance.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    So...what is your desired look? We all kind of have a desired look but is it achievable? What products are you using now? What type of ingredients did the analysis recommend? What kind of techniques are you currently using? What is not happening that you are looking for? Answers to those questions may be helpful in suggestions.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • hcook5528hcook5528 Posts: 131Registered Users
    I never intended to be unfair to Wendy and I didn't post my entire analysis. I have been promoting her hair analyses all over these boards and I HIGHLY recommend everyone get one. She does give incredible detail and all kinds of product and ingredient recommendations. I felt that I needed to add detail on my properties so that people would have a better chance of being able to assist me. Wendy also answers any follow up questions you have after you receive your analysis. I apologize if it came off as me being unfair to her but I don't see it that way and I don't think that she would either. I have deleted the post nonetheless as I don't want anyone else to get the wrong idea.
    Kinking Present

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo

Conditioner: RO Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner; or sometimes Aussie Moist

• Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    hcook5528 wrote: »
    I never intended to be unfair to Wendy and I didn't post my entire analysis. I have been promoting her hair analyses all over these boards and I HIGHLY recommend everyone get one. She does give incredible detail and all kinds of product and ingredient recommendations. I felt that I needed to add detail on my properties so that people would have a better chance of being able to assist me. Wendy also answers any follow up questions you have after you receive your analysis. I apologize if it came off as me being unfair to her but I don't see it that way and I don't think that she would either. I have deleted the post nonetheless as I don't want anyone else to get the wrong idea.

I apologize if you got the impression I was calling you out for posting. That wasn't all my intention, and I had no issue with what you posted. I quoted and was addressing Cin3dee's post asking about whether product and ingredient recs were part of the analysis results. I probably also should've included an "@Cin3dee"; at the beginning to make it crystal clear who I was addressing, and I'll be editing my post momentarily to do just that. Again, Hcook5228, I apologize if I offended you.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
    No worries at all! I think with any kind of text it's easy to misinterpret something and I defintely just misinterpreted what you said. I apologize as well!
    Kinking Present

• KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    I got my analysis back too today. In the mail she sent me she gave me a link to her blog with products, us based though, as she said they need updating often. Although I prefer ingredients as I am not on USA.
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014
    I got my analysis back too today. In the mail she sent me she gave me a link to her blog with products, us based though, as she said they need updating often. Although I prefer ingredients as I am not on USA.

She did provide me with ingredient recommendations too. Did you get yours from Goosefootprints? If so, you could just send her a follow up email and ask her about ingredients. She was super fast to reply to any follow up questions I had.
    Kinking Present

Oh she did!!!! She was an amazing help on sun protectant although I had to order from iherb. To be honest the results astonished me.
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I kind of wonder how many of we "my canopy is so straight" is sun damage.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
    Possible most of it as it is the most hit.
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
  • JimipeJimipe Posts: 276Registered Users
    KaZenner1990, which sun protectant did you order from iHerb?
    CG since 8th of September 2013 - learning in progress!

3a/m/iii - waist length wet
    Cleanser: Naturelle Volumizing
    Conditioner/LI: Garnier Respons Avocadooil and Shea Butter, Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Volume Conditioner
    Styling: Eldorado Hairgel Strong
    I ordered a conditioner that had some ingredients that act as uv absorbers and wouldn't wash away when I would go in water like the gel. I can get the name of it if you want.
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014
  • JimipeJimipe Posts: 276Registered Users
    If you could get me the name, that would be great. :) iHerb is one of the few places actually worth ordering from for me, when taking in where I live.
    CG since 8th of September 2013 - learning in progress!

3a/m/iii - waist length wet
    Cleanser: Naturelle Volumizing
    Conditioner/LI: Garnier Respons Avocadooil and Shea Butter, Schwarzkopf Gliss Ultimate Volume Conditioner
    Styling: Eldorado Hairgel Strong
    Jimipe wrote: »
    If you could get me the name, that would be great. :) iHerb is one of the few places actually worth ordering from for me, when taking in where I live.

It has cinnamidopropyltrimonium chloride which is an uv absorbing ingredient that won't wash away as easy as Benzophenone-4 that I found on a gel.
    Pure & Basic, Natural Moistuizing Conditioner, Cherry Almond
    HG
    CG since Feb 2014

Leave a Comment