Huge headache after washing hair

Blissy101Blissy101 Registered Users Posts: 12 Curl Neophyte
I've really been trying to ignore this, but I just can't anymore. I am not one to get headaches, in fact the last time I had a headache(aside from this) was when I was about 8 years old, I'm 15 right now, and I am about to be 16 in a few months! Recently, after I resolved to start caring for my hair, I have increased the amount of times I washed, to once a week, and like the title says, after washing I get headaches. Mind you, my hair is at best sl, when straightened, so it isn't super long. I was thinking that maybe it could be the way I wash my hair, but if it was then I would have noticed a long time ago, because I have always washed my hair with my head upside down, and I have never had any problems. >_< Has anyone else had this problem that can help? This is the third time in a row it has happened to me btw.

Comments

• abstractcurlsabstractcurls Registered Users Posts: 380
    What are you using? If it has a strong scent that might have something to do with it.
  • PerriPPerriP Registered Users Posts: 6,613 Curl Neophyte
    I'm thinking it's a reaction to a scent probably (like abstractcurls, above) I can get wicked headaches from certain scents. I stay away from anything floral, perfumey and lavender is a nightmare for me.
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Registered Users Posts: 1,632 Curl Neophyte
    I can't deal with certain scents because i will get headaches & my stomach will get upset. But to combat the headaches, I take an herb called fever few. Magic bullet. Another herb you can take is called cat's claw. Both work very well.
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Registered Users Posts: 2,573 Curl Neophyte
    It could be a reaction to a scent or other ingredient in a hair product, how you position yourself when washing your hair, or something else.

Did you first notice it after using something new to you? You could try using a very simple hair care routine. If that doesn't make a difference, change to a simple routine with products which are not from the same company (usually their bases seem to be pretty consistent across their product lines).

However, do keep in mind that suddenly having headaches, when it isn't normal for you, is a cause for concern. Its only being right after you wash your hair sounds like it's related to that, but I do suggest that you see your doctor. While it's the least likely, medical problems leading to headaches can be quite serious.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • Blissy101Blissy101 Registered Users Posts: 12 Curl Neophyte
    I usually don't stick to one shampoo and conditioner, but for the past few weeks I have been using V05's Flawless frizz control from roots to ends. It does have a strong scent, so I'll try using another product next week and see how that goes.
  • Wahala3Wahala3 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I use to get migraines every time washed my hair. It started a year ago and I was worried had medical condition. Realized it was the shampoos and conditioners scents that were triggering it. Although “natural” brands they were giving me a natural migraine that’ll last for 3-4 days. So now I just simply use peppermint oil soap mixed with coconut oil as shampoo. And almond oil, coconut oil, and avocados as a conditioner. No more migraines! Plus actually works great as moisturizer and detangler for my daughter and I, She has 3c hair and I’m 4c.
  • Wahala3Wahala3 Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    I use to get migraines every time washed my hair. It started a year ago and I was worried had medical condition. Realized it was the shampoos and conditioners scents that were triggering it. Although “natural” brands they were giving me a natural migraine that’ll last for 3-4 days. So now I just simply use peppermint oil soap mixed with coconut oil as shampoo. And almond oil, coconut oil, and avocados as a conditioner. No more migraines! Plus actually works great as moisturizer and detangler for my daughter and I, She has 3c hair and I’m 4c.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file