Can heat damage affect hair width?

Hi Ladies,

So I seem to have a wide variety of hair widths on my head. In the front (where I used the straightening iron the most) the strands seem to be super thin and the curls are difficult to clump. As I move toward the top middle section of my head, the width of the curls are much thicker and then the bottom layer of my hair (which I love and wish my whole head was like this) has the thickest strands and the curls are so soft, shiny, and clumped.

Is this just because I have different types of curls throughout my head or do you think it could be a product of the heat damage?

I'll post pictures in a bit too so it will help you see what I'm talking about.
Curl Type: mix of 3B and 3C
Porosity: Low
Texture: Coarse (medium)
Kinking Present
Length: bra strap length or a bit longer

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo

Conditioner: RO Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner; or sometimes Aussie Moist

Leave-In: Giovanni Direct Leave-In
Gel: As I Am Curling Jelly

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You indicated on another post you have some new growth.

I would look at your new growth to see if your hair strands are the same width all the way along. This is because some people do have different strand sizes on their head in different sections of their hair.
  • hcook5528hcook5528 Posts: 131Registered Users
    Here are some pics to show the new growth and the different curl types all over my head. I sent in my hair samples for a goosefootprints analysis and each different strand had different widths...super confused product wise. Anyone able to tell a curl type from the new growth at all?.ure8ugud.jpgjesutepu.jpghe5aqu3a.jpgumena8y8.jpgyhe7aqa3.jpge5a5yves.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Curl Type: mix of 3B and 3C
    Porosity: Low
    Texture: Coarse (medium)
    Kinking Present
    Length: bra strap length or a bit longer

Shampoo: Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo

Conditioner: RO Shea Moisture Manuka Honey and Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner; or sometimes Aussie Moist

Leave-In: Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Gel: As I Am Curling Jelly
  • emilywollskemilywollsk Posts: 4Registered Users
    Heat can cause different damages. Try to avoid using it often in a week.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file