Anyone try a hair steamer? Thoughts?

KynnibKynnib Posts: 999Registered Users
Im thinking about purchasing one
4a hair. MOD CG routine.

Present Loves
-Back on the (rajasthani) henna train! My hair is so much better now.
-KBB hair butter mixed with Hairveda Cocasta oil
-Spiral Solutions Deeply Decadent

Comments

• Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have one of the Q-Redew steamers, and I really like it. I often just spritz with a combination of water and conditioner (3:1), or dampen my hair with my fingers, but there are times when those don't help (enough), and steaming my hair works better. I also like to use it when my hair has gotten too dry, as it gets some moisture into my hair. Similarly, it's helpful when doing a deep treatment, as it helps open my cuticle.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • Aliciamelena87Aliciamelena87 Posts: 68Registered Users
    I also have a q-redew and it is great for moisturizing hair or even stretching curls. It depends on the technique used with it.
  • gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    I have a Heutiful hair steamer. It's in the states :-(. However I like using it. It did give my hair and extra boost in moisture. Usually I would use Shea Moisture DT and sit under it. I would use it about twice a month. You don't have to have it if you don't want. If that makes sense.
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • ReservechicReservechic Posts: 798Registered Users
    I own both the Q-Redew and the Heutiful Steamer. I bought them both when they were on sale. And, they both shipped out real quick. I use the Heutiful Steamer on just about a weekly basis to deep condition my hair with. I do 2 rounds (30 minutes). The only time I don't use it is if I am pressed for time. It is a wonderful product and it really makes my hair feel very soft, deeply hydrated, and more healthier overall as well.

I use the Q-Redew to do hot oil treatments, when my hair needs a boost of added hydration and softness at anytime throughout the week, or when I need to refresh my curls(whether it be sometimes in the mornings or whenever needed during the day). Overall, I find it to be a great multi-purpose product.

If you can afford both, then I say go for it. But if your a curly on a budget, I recommend catching the Q-Redew when it goes on sale. As, it goes on sale often. And, then you can always save up for the Heutiful Steamer as time goes along.
    Diagnosed with Scalp Eczema 6/2015
    (Don't hair type/loose curl pattern/fine texture/low density/high porosity

Current Regimen (Ayurvedic Based):
    Cleansers- Bobeam Shampoo Bars
    Stylers-Rotate between Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai Twisting Butter and Camille Rose Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel

I only wear my hair in wash n gos or buns. Also,
    I do not use conditioner on my hair on a weekly basis. And, my hair is A ok with that!
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've had a steam treatment before and loved it. I think steaming is worth it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file