Confession: I am addicted to finger coiling

anonymous_166474anonymous_166474 Posts: 70Registered Users Curl Neophyte
After finding out my hair is low porosity and how it loves heat to set in the styles, I finally have the curls I've always wanted and never knew I had.
I have 3B hair with some 3A in the back.

I deep condition once a week.

I apply giovanni direct leave in on freshly washed sopping wet hair.
I scrunch out the water with a turby towel
I now use olive oil eco styler gel
I apply either jojoba oil or almond oil in a scrunch method to the ends
I sit under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes or diffuse.
I repeat this process every three days. My scalp is sensitive so I have to clarify.

My curls are springy and spirally for the first time since I was a little girl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Kosher Curls
mostly 3b curls
Low Porosity
fine, medium, coarse
medium to high density
Products: Giovanni direct leave in and olive or argan oil eco styler.

LONG: 10"+ (armpit to waist length)

Comments

• SereneCurlsSereneCurls Posts: 1,145Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yay! Those are my favorite kind of curls.
    3a, dense, fairly coarse, normal porosity and elasticity, just below shoulder
    Low poo: Giovanni 50 50
    Co-wash: aia, suave coconut, salon care
    R O: Tresume Naturals, gvpcb
    L I: KCKT, gvpcb
    Stylers: cjpp, re : coil, kccc, brhg
    Oils: coconut, argan
    Experimenting with: curls rock amplifier, pantene mousse
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,213Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Your curls are gorgeous. I'm jealous. My hair is high porousity and 2c-3a so I don't think I could ever get it to look like yours. Enjoy!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:
  • lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That is awesome! I've tried lots of different styles on my hair (from rod sets to flat twists to 2 strand twists etc), but so far finger coils have been the only thing that I've stuck with in the year+ that I've been wearing my hair curly. I keep saying that I'm going to do different things, then outside of my wash and go's end up usually only doing finger coils.
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • CoifedCoilsCoifedCoils Posts: 31Registered Users
    That routine sounds amazing. My hair is similar in that it likes heat to set the styles, but I don't have the patience to finger coil. My curls are really tiny and dense so it'd probably take forever...lol.
  • Ladybug09Ladybug09 Posts: 18Registered Users
    Hilarious confession! LOL

I've got my product routine down poiint, and also my hair routine also.

I have almost consistent curls, but in my back neck, I have loose curls, my sides (over the ear very tight 4A curls) and the front bang/crown area, VERY loose almost non existent curls. So I found the wonder of coiling also. I use it on the top crown (to create curl where there is almost none), and on the sides, 4A area (to loosen up the curl and shrinkage). the rest of my hair I just just a tangle tamer with the LOG method to clump my curls.. I LOVE it and get lots of compliments, and I can apply product and set my curls in less than 30minutes! Depending upon my mood, I loosen the coils so they look more like curls.
    Ladybug09's Details:
    Last relaxer April 8, 2012, BC'ed April 19, 2014
    3B/3C/4A Corkscrew/Fractal
    Density: High
    Width: Medium
    Porosity: Low
    Length: SL (Curly)
    Ladybug09's Staples: Conditioner Cowash (TresSemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa) Paul Mitchell Original The Conditioner, Shea Moisture (Coconut & Hibiscus line, Raw Shea), Eden Body Works(Coconut Shea line) EcoStyler (Krystal, Olive Oil, Protein), Now Solutions Almond Oil, Trader Joe's Organic Virgin Coconut Oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file