Twist out failure

MscurlsMscurls Posts: 9Registered Users
I am officially 100 percent natural and I have curl pattern between 4a and 4b. In addition, my hair absorbs water quickly.This week I tried a twist out on my hair. However, it was a disaster because it was dry and not defined. I used shea mositure enhancing smoothie. I wanted to know what product should I used to have a better twist out?

Comments

• CoifedCoilsCoifedCoils Posts: 31Registered Users
    Try doing your twists in the shower or with a water bottle on hand. Sometimes the way you detangle(brush,comb, fingers), the state of your hair when you apply products(wet, damp,dry), and the type and amount of styler(gel, cream) can effect your results. Try experimenting more.
    I personally do mine on wet hair, finger detangling only, and with only an oil and gel if I want it defined and shiny and soft. For a more fluffy look I use a cream based styler instead of gel.
  • MscurlsMscurls Posts: 9Registered Users
    Thank you for the tips. I will keep experimenting.
  • dixygirldixygirl Posts: 279Banned Users
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5H8AGeV_G4&list=HL1397084738
    an oil rinse step might help in addition to using
    Curls passion fruit curl control paste as the all over styling product
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIG898CH9fI
    3b/c, 2c at nape, fine, norm-hi porosity, low density, biracial, BSL
    Conditioner:Kanechom, Silicon Mix. Hello Hydration. ApHogee 2min
    Co-Wash: $ store cond
    Prepoo: combinations of:yogurt, liquid aminos, honey,mustard oil, egg,red palm oil,coconut milk
    Leave in Products: Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla LI, coconut milk, coconut oil, olive oil, or mustard oil
    Naturally curly color treated
    Fan of www.tightlycurly.com "Curly Like Me"
  • nana_banananana_banana Posts: 735Registered Users
    You might need to use a styling product as well as the Smoothie and don't forget to seal with an oil. Also, don't take out the twists until your hair is 100% dry.
    Hair type: Mostly 3C, medium porosity to high porosity depending on the day, dense, fluffy, dry, tangly!

:afro:
  • MscurlsMscurls Posts: 9Registered Users
    Thank you everyone for the helpful tips
  • JydalJydal Posts: 178Registered Users
    Try using a moisturizer on each section of hair first and then applying something like kinky curly curling custard and then twisting .let it dry first before touching it.
  • SCarrinSCarrin Posts: 160Registered Users
    I always twist on wet hair. I use the smoothie with a gel or I use Shea butter with eco styler gel or the ORS twist and lock gel.

You have to make sure your hair is completely dry before taking it down. I have also noticed the longer you keep the twist in the better the outcome and stay. Depending on what I'm doing I may keep my twist in for 3 days to a week before I take them down. But I have taken them down the next day which gives me 2-3 days wear.

Sent from my XT1060 using CurlTalk App
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'd leave my twists in for a week & get a 3 day wear.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file