Has anyone ever tried Chanel lipstick?

curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
It's ferociously expensive, but I got to try some on and it felt amaaazzing!!! I'm tempted but trying to be sensible.

Also, anyone tried any Chanel foundations? Again, I got to try it one on and wow - rich and delicious but the wrong color. I'd love to get samples, but I'm not sure they do that for Chanel. Sephora doesn't carry it.
2/c Coarse hair med. density.
Highly porous. Color over grey.
I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
Every day is a gift :flower:

Comments

• teschatescha Posts: 10Registered Users
    Last month we had a huuge sale here. 40% percenr off on chanel lipstick. Ive tried a lot of brands in that store, chanel too and I liked it but I didn't buy one, because I preferred YSL lipstics. They're more 'creamy'.

But I'm definitely going to buy some chanel one day. I love how it looks and I love how clean and simple the designs of the packages look! Only problem is I want a nice red one ans I already have soooo many red lipsticks in my posession :(
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I like it very much. I don't buy lipstick all that often, and I feel like that helps compensate for the price.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My favorite lipstick ever was a Chanel color. They discontinued it, however.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    My favorite lipstick ever was a Chanel color. They discontinued it, however.

Whyyyy do they do that? Happens to me all the time. I protest! :protest:
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    No, but I will be buying some as soon as I get my tax refund. It's time for some new Channel foundation. I got a blush last year, and lipstick is this year.

I have tried Chanel Perfection Lumiere. It is wonderful (really, I understood what all the fuss was about as soon as I put it on) but it has a velvet/matte finish. If you have any dry patches, they will show like crazy with this finish so I always exfoliated well before wearing it. I am buying Vita Lumiere this time. It is a best seller and has a dewy finish. It's supposed to be very moisturizing. I think Pro Lumiere was many ladies HG but they discontinued it.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,182Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Well, I think it's high time I gave in and bought something from Chanel makeup. You all are giving me license to indulge ha ha! After all, I only live once, I'm 68, and still working. I deserve a treat. :toothy4:
    Yes you do, and Chanel is a pleasurable one :)
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CP, there are a few makeup artists on YouTube that do Chanel product reviews. Lisa Eldridge is actually a Chanel Rep. She includes several of their foundations in her My Favorite Foundations videos. She also does looks with specific foundations and each collection

Pixiwoo has a Guide to Chanel Foundations video as well.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Here you go! I am glad you started this thread. I needed to re watch some Chanel Foundation guides and check their site. Again, the Pro Lumiere shown in this is discontinued as far as I know, but the rest should still be available. I might even pick up 2 foundations this time :-/ I'm on the fence!

http://youtu.be/uCnEjg0OrEw

And one tutorial by Lisa Eldridge

http://youtu.be/T-D-axpWwIc

I love the highlighting powder (dang it!)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    The only Chanel lipstick I ever owned was a color called Or. I don't know if they make it anymore. I didn't think the consistency of that lipstick was "all that" so I don't think I would repurchase that particular color.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
    Have you decided on a foundation, CP? I am going back and forth with Vitalumiere, Vitalumiere Aqua and Vitalumiere Aqua Compact. I thought I might try Teint Innocence (even though I hate glass bottles but you can buy a small pump) but it was discontinued as well. I just know it is best to buy for your skin type. I'm more normal to dry so the Perfection Lumiere was perfection on me at times, and not moisturizing enough at others. The Vutalumiere is supposed to be for normal to dry and horrible on those with oily skin. I'm just worried it might be too moisturizing and dewy. The Aqua liquid is very minimal coverage and the new compact is supposed to be full coverage and long lasting when applied with a sponge (which I hate using).

They have a Lift Lumiere and a new Perfection Lumiere Velvet which is a new generation matte that has a glow, good coverage, and is very light/water based.

I have a feeling I will end up going with the regular vita after I test it and maybe get some more perfection. The vita is a best seller. I just want to test and make sure it's not uber dewy and in need of lots of powder. I like perfection because you don't have to powder at all.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I tried and purchased Chanel lipstick for the first time today :) I got a color I would not normally wear but it looked very good and I can blot it down to a beautiful stain. It lasts well, and is hydrating.

Spring 2014 Rouge Allure (136): Melodieuse

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1397700476.436135.jpg
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1397700491.504863.jpg

I have a hard time with some melons but this has the perfect amount of pink for me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file