We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Has anyone tried soy butter?

lisar12lisar12 Posts: 45Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I happened to try a gel with soy protein and my hair loved it. Unfortunately the gel had a change in the ingredient list and the new formula didn't agree with my leave in : (. I have read so many things about the dangers of soy products and consuming it except for the traditionally prepared fermented products. I was just wondering if anyone has used soy butter because it seems to be worth a try as my hair likes soy but if I wouldn't consume it how can I put it on my hair?

Comments

• WaveliciousWavelicious Posts: 73Registered Users
    I used to have a body lotion called soy butter lol. I used to try butters & oils as all different things at first. a mask, a conditioner, a leave in, a sealer. can't hurt to experiment. I tried this with coconut butter & coconut oil & found I only liked them for deep conditions once a month. never repurchased & this was like 2 years ago when I was CG previously.

🐾
    🐾
  • dixygirldixygirl Posts: 279Banned Users
    3b/c, 2c at nape, fine, norm-hi porosity, low density, biracial, BSL
    Conditioner:Kanechom, Silicon Mix. Hello Hydration. ApHogee 2min
    Co-Wash: $ store cond
    Prepoo: combinations of:yogurt, liquid aminos, honey,mustard oil, egg,red palm oil,coconut milk
    Leave in Products: Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla LI, coconut milk, coconut oil, olive oil, or mustard oil
    Naturally curly color treated
    Fan of www.tightlycurly.com "Curly Like Me"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file