3c, gel w/ little or no glycerin, suggestions?

Still_NyaStill_Nya Posts: 27Registered Users
Sooooooo... still trying to tackle moisturizing. I did alright this winter but now spring is creeping in and I'm realizing that it's a bit harder to retain my curls so I want to add a gel as opposed to a cream or milk as I do in the summer.

My winter routine has been simple:
Pre-poo, wash & condition every three weeks (co-wash every 3 to 5 days), apply leave-in and seal my ends
Moisturize daily with home made spritz and seal with oil

There are so many different gels out there. Anyone with 3c hair that can point me to a couple of good gel products without a crap load of glycerin? I'm so not ready to tackle that monster yet, lol.

Thanks in advance for you help :toothy4:
3B--low porosity--high density--fine/medium
PT: Hello Hydration/coconut oil, Poo: Organix, Condish: Jane Carter, Leave-In: As I Am, CW: Shea Radiance, DT: homemade, Sealant: avocado/jojoba oil, mango butter, Styler: KCCC, Shea Moisture

Comments

• rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    i don't have 3c hair, but i can recommend gels without glycerin -- cj pattern pusha, i use it on both wet and dry hair, love it! and it does not dry out my hair.
    lalsg does not have glycerin; however, i found it to be drying even with a leave in, so i used it here and there, not on a daily basis.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • Still_NyaStill_Nya Posts: 27Registered Users
    Thank you so much for answering! I looked it up and even watched a couple of reviews on youtube from curlies with a hairtype close to mine: they loved it!

My issue is, which is so a personal problem, when I want something or I perceive a need for something I WANT IT NOW, lol... the only place in VA that Curl Junkie is sold is in RICHMOND!!! That's 2+ hours away from the beach. So I would either have to get it online and wait or settle for something else. So... I opted for Kinky Curly Curling Custard for now :? also after seeing some reviews.

But because I like to try about 3 products before making either of them a staple, Curl Junkie is next on my list :thumbleft:. Your suggestion definitly pointed me in the right direction!
    PT: Hello Hydration/coconut oil, Poo: Organix, Condish: Jane Carter, Leave-In: As I Am, CW: Shea Radiance, DT: homemade, Sealant: avocado/jojoba oil, mango butter, Styler: KCCC, Shea Moisture
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    curl junkie has quick service, and i buy mine on aveyou.com, they are also fast. and aveyou.com always has discount codes -- currently it's FIVE for 15% off and AYSPRING25 for $25 off $100 and over. shipping is also good, $5 flat rate for $49 and under, $1 for $50 and over.
    on the cj website are sample packs that you could try.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • Still_NyaStill_Nya Posts: 27Registered Users
    Good product + discount = happy me!

Lol... Thanks a bunch, i'll check it out :toothy4:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file