My current length. (pic)

http://tinypic.com/r/30axkl4/8
So my hair is about medium length, I've stopped using heat & starting taking biotin, but does anyone have any other tips? I was thinking about trying the inversion method. also is it okay to comb hair when wet to detangle & style? it seems like whenever I try when my hair is dry I have major breakage. 😔
🐾

Comments

• AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Posts: 1,099Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    So my hair is about medium length, I've stopped using heat & starting taking biotin, but does anyone have any other tips? I was thinking about trying the inversion method. also is it okay to comb hair when wet to detangle & style? it seems like whenever I try when my hair is dry I have major breakage. ��

I actually brush my hair when it's very wet. It doesn't cause breakage or anything; I make sure it's quite wet when I do it. I brush my entire scalp too so it's kind of like a "head massage" as well. I don't see a problem with this. I create my own spray-in leave in conditioner with the bottle of my regular conditioner once I've used almost all of it. I add water, a few droppers full of argan oil, and a bit of glycerin and shake it up really well. I spray that into my hair after towel drying and then brush my hair and then allow my hair to air dry. When my hair is dry I use the Conair detangling comb on it because I just can't tolerate not combing or brushing my hair. I have tried but I just can't do it. My hair looks way too messy and not as beautiful as all of yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier. :)
  • WaveliciousWavelicious Posts: 73Registered Users
    @AngelaE8654 that's what I do! it's like everything I read tells me it's bad because the hair's more elastic when it's wet but the shedding & breakage I get when it's dry is too much.
    🐾
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Detangling when wet with fingers or a wide tooth comb is fine, provided the hair is coated with a good slippy conditioner, you take your time, and are gentle. In fact, the only time some curlies detangle is in the shower when their hair is well-coated in conditioner. Hair is stronger when dry, but detanlging then can still cause breakage if you don't use something to add a bit of slip, like an oil or a bit of conditioner. Detangling damp would be middle ground, I suppose, but again, best done with something added to provide additional slip to minimize breakage.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • WaveliciousWavelicious Posts: 73Registered Users
    @Geek_chic I always comb it with my conditioner in then rinse, I'm so glad to figure this all out. it's been bothering me for so long lol.
    🐾

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file