Root-Lifter

peszkandypeszkandy Posts: 5Registered Users
Since I started growing my hair out the weight of my hair has taken my hair from a 3a curl pattern to more of a 2c pattern and even though the curls start at the root the weight makes them stick super close to my head. I was thinking of buying some root-lifter, like Catwalk's root boost or something of that nature to give my hair a little lift away from the scalp.

Has anyone one tried this with any success?
2c/3a
Bra Strap Length, hoping to hit low back by the end of the year.

Comments

• etosetos Posts: 221Registered Users
    I think SheaMoisture yucca&baobab thickening moisture mist is really good for more volume at the roots. But I think that your style method will give you more results than just a product. Try the clipping method, plopping or diffusing upside down (on low heat setting!) ;)

You could also just accept you have less volume at te roots. I have the same 'problem' but I just don't really mind about it anymore, because I think it looks just fine the way it is. I also have less shrinkage because of this, what I consider to be a good thing.
    highlighted 3a hair. Fine strands, medium to high density. Probably high porosity. Growing uit bad layering and aiming for waist lenght!

Pre-poo: coconut oil
    wash: CJ Daily fix or SheaMoisture Coconut&Hibiscus
    RO + LI: different every time
    Styler: CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB

dislikes: glycerin in low dews, scissor happy stylists, magnesium sulfate

(modified) CG since june 25, 2012
    Hiarfinity + extra MSM since March 5., 2014

SL - APL - BSBL- BSL - MBL - WL (stretched)
  • klloydmajesticklloydmajestic Curl Connoisseur Posts: 183Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Agreed with etos about the clipping method and styling upside down! Both of those techniques really help me get more volume at the roots. I rinse some of my conditioner out in the shower and apply my styling product all while I am upside down, then plop with a t-shirt. When I take the t-shirt off I usually flip my hair forward and back a few times and that's usually when I'm done.

However, on days where I really want the maximum volume at the roots I'll clip OR I'll use the Deva diffuser (dryer on low of course!) just at the roots whilst upside down. I don't do it until it's completely dry, just for a few minutes. I imagine I will need to do this more frequently as my hair gets longer... I'm aiming for bra strap length!
    3b, low porosity, CG method
    BC 6 February 2016 and growing out. . . again!
    current products: 
    • conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea!
    • pre-poo: grapeseed oil or coconut oil
    • cleanser: currently experimenting with different things
    • deep treatment: Jessicurl Deep Treatment
    • "protein" treatment: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque
    • Stylers: Fruit of the Earth 100% Aloe Vera gel or SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

• curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Posts: 468Registered Users
    I've used this and it's worked well for me. Good luck!
    10491173_681987115207028_4567113808322161788_t.jpg
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file