Patio furniture

violetsviolets Posts: 1,689Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I really like this wicker patio dining set but I don't know how it will hold up. I don't want something that will look like crap in 2 years. The table is fine, its aluminum but the chairs I don't know. Does anyone have this type of furniture?
I really like this
f53745ec-35e5-469b-bc25-4cae96796d67_300.jpg

Comments

• CurlXTCeeCurlXTCee Posts: 379Registered Users
    We have wicker - a couch, side chair, ottoman, and coffee table - and it sits in the direct sun for about 5-6 hours/day from about May thru mid-October, exposed to the occasional light rain shower. We keep it covered the remainder of the year. Our cushions are a light green, yet they still look new. Our set is going to see its 3rd summer this year. Ours is not even high-end - it's from Martha Stewart Living from Home Depot. I love it.

Some people down the street have the same brand of furniture (as ours), and I've been seeing theirs outside on their balcony year-round in types of weather for at least 4 years - they never cover theirs. It's not as new-looking as ours, but it's still going strong it seems. It sits in the late morning and afternoon sun probably for 7-8 hours/day in the spring/summer

Should last for years as long as you cover it during the months of inclement weather. I recommend a good cover that has air vents. Also, avoid standing water because some of the best covers "breathe" and are water-resistant but not water-proof. We bought ours from The Cover Store. They work well, but you have to prevent or eliminate any standing water that accumulates on any areas of the cover that come into contact with the furniture. We have a slate-topped bistro set that this is a problem with because the slate is porous. The cover covers both chairs and the table, but because the chair backs are higher than the table top, it creates a dip over the table top and even though I have something on top of the table to help eliminate the dip, I just had to go outside and dump off a big puddle of water from the top of the cover.
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Posts: 12,231Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I don't know anything about it, but it's good looking!
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file