Dove Dry Oil Conditioner

wildcelticrosewildcelticrose Posts: 2Registered Users
I'm a "cheap curly". I was looking for a drugstore product to use as a rinse out conditioner on my 3b Curly Spirally head and came across this. After checking the label, I discovered that it didn't have any "cones" so I thought I'd give it a try.

I did my usual co-wash, but since my hair was exceptionally dirty, I used a bit of of Diva Curl No Poo first, then followed up with my usual Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner.

I've had a cold, so I didn't notice any fragrance. I've ready that others say it smells like baby powder.

It was nice and thick, which I prefer in a rinse out. It had moderate slip; not as much as some, but enough for me to get my fingers through to de-tangle.

When I rinsed it out my hair felt thick, but not covered in residue.

I followed up with my usual leave in (Sauve Naturals Coconut Conditioner) a few spritzes of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Dry Oil and a small amount of LA Looks Sport Gel scrunched in and allowed to dry.

My curls were well defined and bouncy even on the 2nd day. (I pineapple my hair at night)

I'll need to try it a few more times to make a final decision, but so far I like it.
3b Curly Spirally

Products (I'm super CHEAP)

Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner

Rinse Out: (still searching for the perfect one)

Leave In: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner

Sealer: Garner Fructis Triple Nutrition Dry Oil

Gel: LA Looks Sport Gel

Comments

• abstractcurlsabstractcurls Posts: 380Registered Users
    I really like this one too. Last time I used it my hair was a little fluffy and undefined. I need to use it a few more times as well and see what happens.
  • wildcelticrosewildcelticrose Posts: 2Registered Users
    I really like this one too. Last time I used it my hair was a little fluffy and undefined. I need to use it a few more times as well and see what happens.

Now that you mention it, I am a bit fluffy (then again, it's been raining) but the curls on top are curing better than they usually do.
    3b Curly Spirally

Products (I'm super CHEAP)

Co-Wash: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner

Rinse Out: (still searching for the perfect one)

Leave In: Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner

Sealer: Garner Fructis Triple Nutrition Dry Oil

Gel: LA Looks Sport Gel
  • Cristy_amkCristy_amk Posts: 171Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love finding DG products that work! May have to pick this up! Thanks!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file