Help immediately. Detangling/combing after braids

I just took my hair out from cornrows and I now need to relax it again. My hair was in cornrows for a few months, I don't know exactly how long. Maybe 3-5 months. That's also when I last relaxed my hair. My mother uses the kids relaxer on me. Before my mother relaxes my hair I need it to be completely combed out. I want my hair to already be combed out by the time my mother does it. This is because my mother combs by sticking the comb close to the roots and pulling. It hurts A LOT. My hairdresser does the same thing before braiding, except with a hot comb and it hurts 10 times worse if that's even possible. So how can I comb out this hair without it hurting?

Comments

• lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You can try putting some conditioner or oil on it, using your fingers first, then a comb. Also- start combing from the ends, while holding the hair above where you are combing. Then in that same manner comb up the length of your hair, while it's sectioned off.
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • ineedhelpineedhelp Posts: 2Registered Users
    lolo918 wrote: »
    You can try putting some conditioner or oil on it, using your fingers first, then a comb. Also- start combing from the ends, while holding the hair above where you are combing. Then in that same manner comb up the length of your hair, while it's sectioned off.
    Do you all think I should use water? I already put a bunch of shea butter stuff in my hair but it didn't even work. Should I use water to get it out? Should I use shampoo? Will this affect the relaxer that I am going to use?
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    ineedhelp wrote: »
    lolo918 wrote: »
    Do you all think I should use water? I already put a bunch of shea butter stuff in my hair but it didn't even work. Should I use water to get it out? Should I use shampoo? Will this affect the relaxer that I am going to use?

Use conditioner.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file