rosewater agave refresher

FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
hey guys, i just want to share an awsume refresher that i made! It adds really lots of moisture and gives me nice hold. I use it with my condish after my shower when my hairs wet. though it works really well as a refresher as well!
half agave syrup and half rose water, then i added a bit of argan oil and lemon oil. i shook it all together and added a bit of water to it.
does anyone else use agave syrup or rosewater?

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
my hair loves conditioner only styling!
Oils and my own procuts are my hairs best friend
my hair goal length is bra strap length when curly.
:hello1:

Comments

• jasminee123jasminee123 Posts: 59Registered Users
    Wow that sounds really really nice! I have been looking for a recipe like this! Do you think that substituting the argan for coconut oil would make much of a difference?
    3a/3b Curls, Low Porosity, Medium/High Density. Check out my blog for easy to follow, practical curly advice http://ohheytherehair.blogspot.co.uk!
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I've used a little rosewater in my curl refresher spray for variety, and like it. I primarily use distilled water with conditioner 3:1, so the rosewater would be substituted for some of the distilled water. I also add a little of CHS's detangler, SLIP, and a pinch of salt.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • FmasuhrFmasuhr Posts: 1,354Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    give it ago with the coconut oil, i think you would have to make sure that it stays melted though, other wise youll have bit of white in your hair!
    what does the salt do morgan adcock?

my hair: 3b, high porosity, high density and coarse hair (i think i finally figured that all out)
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'm confused because I read a reply from you in the email subscription, but I'm not seeing it now (on a tablet). Your question was what the salt was for in my homemade refresher spray. It works as a curl activator..
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
    strange that you read it from the email subscription..... the salt helps as curl activator? i always found that my hair was alot fizzier after a trip to the beach

• Still_NyaStill_Nya Posts: 27Registered Users
    I'm currently using a distilled water, aloe vera juice and rose water mixture. It smells lovely and my hair loves it... The agave has piqued my interest though. What does it do for the hair?
    3B--low porosity--high density--fine/medium
    PT: Hello Hydration/coconut oil, Poo: Organix, Condish: Jane Carter, Leave-In: As I Am, CW: Shea Radiance, DT: homemade, Sealant: avocado/jojoba oil, mango butter, Styler: KCCC, Shea Moisture
    Still_Nya wrote: »
    I'm currently using a distilled water, aloe vera juice and rose water mixture. It smells lovely and my hair loves it... The agave has piqued my interest though. What does it do for the hair?

it works a bit like honey does, also moistureisers, it cools a bit as well i have the feeling. So its somthing thats perfect in the summer. it also gives a bit of hold. i had heard a bit about using it, so i wanted to give it a try n see how it goes, thats why i dont really know alot about it

• Still_NyaStill_Nya Posts: 27Registered Users
    That's plenty! Thanks... I'm going to try it in the summer :toothy4:
    3B--low porosity--high density--fine/medium
    PT: Hello Hydration/coconut oil, Poo: Organix, Condish: Jane Carter, Leave-In: As I Am, CW: Shea Radiance, DT: homemade, Sealant: avocado/jojoba oil, mango butter, Styler: KCCC, Shea Moisture
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love rosewater! Plain it is too oily for my hair, though amazinggg on my skin. I may try to incorporate rosewater more diluted in my homemade stuff, thanks for the idea!

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file