Eating disorders and how they affect hair.

jasminee123jasminee123 Posts: 59Registered Users
Hi!
I was searching through the pages and (I could be mistaken) but I can't seem to find any info on eating disorders and the affects that they can have on the hair? I as wondering just as a general, if this is something anyone else wants to discuss this or has had this issue affect them personally or had it affect a close friend or family member? Let me know! PM me if you would prefer! :)
3a/3b Curls, Low Porosity, Medium/High Density. Check out my blog for easy to follow, practical curly advice http://ohheytherehair.blogspot.co.uk!

Comments

• pualakoalapualakoala Posts: 15Registered Users
    When my ED was at it's worst, I definitely had very thin hair. If you look at my hair now it's super thick and awesome.

I kinda wanna get into this discussion but it's a little too triggering for me.

Just tell yourself that you'll have better hair if you eat if that makes you feel better. The loss of nutrients will also kill your complexion and make you age faster.

Everyone tells me I'm more attractive/fit since I started lifting and allowing myself to eat a normal amount, if that makes you wanna eat. As long as you control your binges, you won't get fat.

Either way, be careful with how you restrict. My eating disorder has been really bad since I was 18 and now, at 22, I'm really feeling the effects. I have a wheat allergy from restricting carbs and osteopenia from restricting dairy. You don't want that to happen to you, it's not worth it.

Feel free to message me if you need someone to talk to.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file