We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Using the dryer without the diffuser - and its fab!!!!

I have just discovered that I get the most amazing, smooth, soft and defined ringlet curls if I abandon the diffuser, and just dry my hair off slowly by with the regular dryer - on the lowest speed, whilst I gently hold my curls - kind of cradle them in my fingers. I have to let them air dry for a little while first (1/2hr - 40mins) so that they get their structure (with gel and cond mix as product). NO frizz, not too much body (my hair looks best in fat ringlets, rather than lots of smaller curls) and - I'll say it again - no frizz!

I've no choice but to use the dryer in the mornings at the moment, and this is a revolution. Yippee! :lol:

Anyone else use this technique?
3a/b - a lovely ringletty lady!

Comments

• GrecianCurlsGrecianCurls Posts: 256Registered Users
    hello there!

This reminds me a little of a technique i used to use (but haven't tried since i read the whole "no touching" rule in the CG book, might try it again now though). I would use a diffuser but not to directly cup my curls, just for the gentle airflow it would produce... i'd cup my curls in my hand instead and just move the gentle airflow from the diffuser around... used to work brilliantly!
    fine 3b curls and spirals - first goal BSL!!

HG's - Body Shop Honey shampoo & conditioner and Shea Moisture leave-in condish which gives me lovely frizz-free bouncy curls. My PJ is calling me to experiment with gels again... argh!
  • MassCurlsMassCurls Posts: 272Registered Users
    I do that when I have to travel for work and don't have time to let my hair air dry. I also carry one of those sock diffusers in my travel bag - while it never worked well on my regular hair dryer (I have a bowl diffuser for the times I need to dry my hair faster than air drying it) it works great on the hair dryers they have in hotels.
  • curlsofnycurlsofny Posts: 478Registered Users
    My Devachan trained stylist did this on my a few weeks ago & it came out great! I am afraid to try it myself!!
  • medusahairmedusahair Posts: 3,515Registered Users
    did you have the heat on high med or cold?
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2FMedusahair%2F" class="Popup

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!
  • sfisher323sfisher323 Posts: 537Registered Users
    Wow, really? :o I don't know if I'm brave enough to try it myself.
    embracing my inner curl since late Nov 2006
    2b/3a (I think?)
    color-treated red/brown, medium-textured hair
    PJ, currently using Suave citrus smoothie, B2B pom cond, GF C&S leave-in, AG re:coil, LOOB, HE SMU, Jessicurl HCC, CC, AIS
  • entipyentipy Posts: 126Registered Users
    I've used a hair dryer on low speed before - no diffuser of any sort - at the end of the drying process to "break up" my curls a little bit. It gives them more body but doesn't give me much frizz at all. I haven't tried it in awhile - maybe not even since starting CG - but I know it used to work pretty well.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file