Huffington Post: ya better recognize!

spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso

Comments

• bobbybobby Posts: 785Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

Thanks for sharing! Give me any publicity that spreads curly love! Good day, curl friends!
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Good ones!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • bobbybobby Posts: 785Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Good ones!

Any story that celebrates curls is a good thing!
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I saw that...nice article. Not sure about reasons 4 and 9, though.
  • Ms.CabernetMs.Cabernet Posts: 137Registered Users
    "I saw that...nice article. Not sure about reasons 4 and 9, though."
    Agree!
  • Still_NyaStill_Nya Posts: 27Registered Users
    "Sometimes children will stare up at you and your curly locks like you're the Queen of all the Muppets and Disney Princesses."

Love this one :tongue:
    3B--low porosity--high density--fine/medium
    PT: Hello Hydration/coconut oil, Poo: Organix, Condish: Jane Carter, Leave-In: As I Am, CW: Shea Radiance, DT: homemade, Sealant: avocado/jojoba oil, mango butter, Styler: KCCC, Shea Moisture
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Loved it! Thanks for sharing the link. #12 cracked me up. :)
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • XhexaniaXhexania Posts: 65Registered Users
    This is such a breath of fresh air. Thanks for sharing.
    Fine Strands, High Density, (Seemingly) Normal Porosity
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    Enjoyed it, thanks! :sunny:
  • russianprncssrussianprncss Posts: 450Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    2C/3A; very, very thick fine to medium hair; low porosity.

Current Products:
    Co-Wash: As I Am Cleansing Co-Wash
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Tahitian Masque, Aubrey Organics GPB, Shea Moisture
    Leave-In: Coffee Coco Curl Creme, Coffee Coco Curl Creme Lite
    Stylers: Mop Top Curl Custard, Shea Moisture Curl Custard[/FONT]

"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." -Khalil Gibran
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    ^ That was great!
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users

Hmm, the first thing I noticed is that the number/letter typing has changed since I joined NC the first time. Some of the pics are wrong IMO... I would be a 2C now but in reality all that meant in the ORIGINAL system created by Andre Walker, was wavy hair with coarse texture, in other words, hair of greater width and resistance, not greater degree of curl. Conversely, A was fine hair, and B just medium texture. There was no 3C because that type of curl doesn't happen or is extremely rare in coarse hair. Same for kinky (4) hair, to the contrary, most is very fine hair.

Most of the tips are ok but here are some that either could've been better explained or are not really helpful:

#8 would only apply if the person washes their hair in the sink... but most of us detangle our hair in the shower after putting CO on, so what I have there is a mesh drainer cup.
    #9 is silly and would make detangling impossible, there are ways to get the curl to return after washing the hair or even applying gel.
    #11 should've included oils/butters for those who only do CG.
    #13 made me cringe showing that girl brushing her dry hair... tons of people refresh their hair without need of doing all that...
    #14 shows curling irons... why...? There's better ways to rearrange stray curls than putting direct heat on them...
    #16 Seriously??? Only if one finds their holy grails, but that rarely lasts forever because companies love to discontinue or change products and/or they can stop working for us, I say (within reason) ROTATE and have more than one reliable product of each kind!
    #21 unless it's very long hair I know 2 better ways to keep the hair really straight.
  • curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    re: the first page, about why curly hair rocks-- ##3, , 4, 5, 6, and #9, I can't really agree with, but the others are so right

Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App
  • CatitudeBooCatitudeBoo Posts: 590Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    re: the first page, about why curly hair rocks-- ##3, , 4, 5, 6, and #9, I can't really agree with, but the others are so right

Same. #5 is bogus. I have curly hair and RBF (resting b*tch face). No one approaches me, which is how I like it.
    #4 wtf? I have to be at work every morning at 4am or 5am. I am not alert or even halfway awake and yes, my hair is still curly at those times.

Cute article but I don't need any validation. My curly hair rocks b/c it's mine and I love it. The end.
    CG since Dec. 2013  B)
    3b/c ~ fine ~ high porosity ~ low density
    No-Poo: SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Shampoo 
    RO: Tresemme Botanique Nourish & Replenish Conditioner 
    Stylers: Tresemme Flawless Curls Mousse & Extra Hold Hairspray 

• curlyannie80curlyannie80 Posts: 334Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Exactly, couldn't agree more!
    Sent from my XT1254 using CurlTalk App

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights