Girl banned from school for shaving her head

sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
Girl, 9, barred from school for shaving head to support friend with cancer | Fox News

This is so awful. What a selfless act, and she gets punished for it? What is wrong with people these days!??
2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
:bunny:
NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
:thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Comments

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Disgusting. That school should be ashamed!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    sixelamy wrote: »
    This is so awful. What a selfless act, and she gets punished for it? What is wrong with people these days!??

^ I would take eternity to answer that. *If I were going to attempt to answer I would start with people in this country devolving and operating bass ackwards!*

I could not get your link to open for some reason (it's my phone, I am sure), but I did managed look at The Daily Mail's coverage on the story. It is pathetic! Being told that she had to wear a wig or grow her hair back out before she could return to school because this was "a uniform environment with no distractions". Good to know the student with cancer is obviously a distraction from conformity.

I am glad they changed their minds (got nailed) and allowed the child back in school but this should have never happened in the first place. At some point schools are going to have to give allowance for humanity again. Friends get suspended for hugging each other, and showing support... These are not values and actions that should be punished and discouraged.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Fifi.G wrote: »

^ I would take eternity to answer that. *If I were going to attempt to answer I would start with people in this country devolving and operating bass ackwards!*

I could not get your link to open for some reason (it's my phone, I am sure), but I did managed look at The Daily Mail's coverage on the story. It is pathetic! Being told that she had to wear a wig or grow her hair back out before she could return to school because this was "a uniform environment with no distractions". Good to know the student with cancer is obviously a distraction from conformity.

I am glad they changed their minds (got nailed) and allowed the child back in school but this should have never happened in the first place. At some point schools are going to have to give allowance for humanity again. Friends get suspended for hugging each other, and showing support... These are not values and actions that should be punished and discouraged.

As if the media frenzy that her suspension caused wasn't a big enough distraction...

And that's one of my big issues w/ small town/suburban life. It's all about conformity and superficiality.

Never so happy to have grown up in NYC as when I read stuff like this. No big city school would have given this a second thought.

As if the media frenzy that her suspension caused wasn't a big enough distraction...

And that's one of my big issues w/ small town/suburban life. It's all about conformity and superficiality.

Never so happy to have grown up in NYC as when I read stuff like this. No big city school would have given this a second thought.

Not (always) true. My small schools in the mountains of WNC (aka- Gods Country/The Bible Belt) would have never given this a second thought. We had no dress codes. I wore the most outlandish stuff I could get my hands on and was awarded a most original superlative. People wore their hair any way they wanted. The only thing they ever did was make students turn shirts with profanity on them inside out. You didn't even get suspended for wearing it unless you refused, or kept wearing it. The focus of education was not on your clothes, hair or the need to demonize perfectly normal and good behavior. This is a change in attitude and time.

*I don't know what kind of easily shocked or disrupted people they think they are dealing with if they can't focus on math because a girl shaved her head to support a friend? Sure, they might have a moment, but it will pass.

It's not only dress or hair. They are slowly doing away with any form of expression or imagination. Two things that lead to innovation. Schools are putting out assembly line human.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso

Not true. My small schools in the mountains of WNC would have never given this a second thought. We had no dress codes. I wore the most outlandish stuff I could get my hands on and was awarded a most original superlative. People wore their hair any way they wanted. The only thing they ever did was make students turn shirts with profanity on them inside out. You didn't even get suspended for wearing it unless you refused, or kept wearing it. The focus of education was not on your clothes, hair or the need to demonize perfectly normal and good behavior. This is a change in attitude and time.

IDK what the mountains of WNC are but I'm gonna hazzard a guess there were some pretty big difference btwn both of our home communities! LOL And hairstyles would have been the least of them.

^ Oh yes :) Gun racks on truck windows and camouflage were the norm during my high school days.

And sorry, I did some edits probably after you quoted. My phone is not showing all the posts right off. Crazy app day.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm always reading up on the school environment because it has been some kind of crazy experiment for years now. I went in a time where your teachers could and would beat the crap out of you, but they left you alone to be you. They educated you on proper attire for interviews, or this or that, but did not treat you like a distracting circus side show if you put a purple streak in your hair. Studies were then conducted on my generations "low self esteem" (really, we were just realistic) and Gen Y/Millennials were then hit with the "I am Special. I am Special. Look at Me! Look at Me!" Psychotherapy routine based on info from the generation before them. Now it's gotten much stranger. *I can't help having the sneaking suspicion a great deal of it has been due to violence in schools. Self esteem therapy indoctrination started on elementary school students around the time I went from 8th grade to high school. The child became a fragile egg that needed protecting from everything negative. A few years after I graduated school shootings started picking up, and now it's don't touch anyone, don't play, don't show affection, don't use your imagination, don't show any differences, etc. All the while they are criminalized for perfectly normal childhood behavior.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file