An interesting question

asagiasagi Posts: 194Registered Users
Ok so imagine yourself in this situation:

You get a call from a bank's lawyer telling you that your aunt who lives in another country and who you haven't seen since you were a toddler has just died and left you some money. She had no children or husband. You're obviously surprised but knew that your aunt was fairly well off. Still you conduct some enquires and found out that yes she did leave you some money. When you received your letter from the bank you can't believe your eyes! She left you 3 000 000! You were so happy because you had just lost your job last week and was more than happy to cash that check.

5 years later you get a call from the bank saying that during an audit they noticed some decrepancies with the account and took another look at it. It seems there was a typo and you did not receive 3 000 000 but 30 000. Should you have to pay the bank back the money you already used?
Curl type: 3C/4A
Strand thickness: Fine-Medium-Thick
Porosity: low to medium to high (depends on where on my head)
Density: medium - high
Co-wash :Tresemme's Naturals Conditioner
Moisturizer: Aunt Jackie's Girls Baby Girl Curls: Curling & Twisting Custard
DC: Profectiv Mega Growth Anti-Breaking Strengthing DC
PT: Hair Mayonaise/Coconut Oil
Sealant: Jamican Black Castor oil
Gel: Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic

Comments

• claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That sounds highly implausible. The lawyer in charge of administering the estate can't afford to make that kind of mistake.
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Agree with claudine191.

Also when someone dies who is related to you like that there are death taxes to pay in most countries on such large amounts.

People whether they are professionals or not don't like paying them so no way would a lawyer get the amount wrong like that.
  • CurlyInTheFogCurlyInTheFog Posts: 876Registered Users
    The executor of the estate distributes assets, and it would be virtually impossible to make that kind of mistake because all expenses and payments have to be strictly accounted for. In any case, the bank would not be responsible for contacting heirs unless they were somehow involved in administering the estate/trust.
    3a/b, F, normal porosity

Suave conditioner, LAL gel
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    They'd have to find me first ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CurlTalk App

• asagiasagi Posts: 194Registered Users
    They'd have to find me first ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using CurlTalk App

hahahahahahahahaha
    Curl type: 3C/4A
    Strand thickness: Fine-Medium-Thick
    Porosity: low to medium to high (depends on where on my head)
    Density: medium - high
    Co-wash :Tresemme's Naturals Conditioner
    Moisturizer: Aunt Jackie's Girls Baby Girl Curls: Curling & Twisting Custard
    DC: Profectiv Mega Growth Anti-Breaking Strengthing DC
    PT: Hair Mayonaise/Coconut Oil
    Sealant: Jamican Black Castor oil
    Gel: Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic
  • curlyprincess1curlyprincess1 Posts: 468Registered Users
    Been waiting for a surprise like that all my life. However, I'm very frugal.
    It's not easy being a princess, but hey, if the crown fits.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file