Renpure Organics Luxurious Argan Oil Shampoo?

shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
Has anyone tried it? I'm looking for a good protein free low poo, is this stuff any good?

Comments

• caramix3acaramix3a Posts: 462Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's excellent - sulfate-free too!:) Also, it does leave hair nice and shiny, not all that common in sulfate-free shampoos in my experience. I follow this up with GVP Conditioning Balm, as the accompanying conditioner didn't do much for me(it was too light, despite the fact that it was billed as color-safe). Since my hair is mixed 2c-3a, it seems that I do better with only occasional co-washing, and using sulfate-free shampoos the rest of the time. But then I only wash my hair every few days anyway, certainly not every day.
  • MyrnaMyrna Posts: 2,472Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    What kind of hair do you have, Caramix?
  • MaureneMaurene Posts: 69Registered Users
    I bought this about a month ago and am really liking it. It makes my hair very soft, adds shine and cut down on frizz. It does weigh down my curls a little but I'm OK with that.

I have long, thick hair that is mostly wavy.
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    It's my go to low poo. It's easy to distribute, without being runny, is moisturizing, and leaves my hair feeling clean but not stripped. I usually followup with a protein-containing rinse out.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • okyouwinokyouwin Posts: 157Registered Users
    I like this shampoo also. Not using it right now but it is a good one. Not a bad price either!
    I'm going to go ahead and say 3a
    fine/medium texture and a bit porous-I color
    Spring routine: Renpure luxurious argan oil shampoo/Loreal Advanced Care Color conditioner , HETT gel
    Microfiber towel/diffuse
    Trying KKCC
  • shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
    Awesome! It doesn't feel like it leaves any build up from the oils and the polquat does it?
  • i2credi2cred Posts: 80Registered Users
    I havent had any problems with build up from it.
    "What kind of hair do you have, Caramix?" - Myrna

@Myrna: 2c-3a, color-treated, inverted bob, with front pieces nearing shoulder(will need a cut pretty soon - I have one booked for April 22nd:). Some hairs fine, some coarser. Lots of it all over my head. Every haircutter I've ever been to says I have enough hair on my head for 3 people - I'm not kidding. Didn't thin out with age either - I'm 66.
    What products do you use with it, Cara?
    @Myrna: I don't use the accompanying conditioner. Instead, I use GVP Conditioning Balm(Sally Beauty Supply knock-off of Biolage Hydrating Balm) which I lucked out on right away when I became aware of how to take care of curly hair here. GOOD stuff and cheap too. That's my rinse-out conditioner. For my PT, I use GVP Protein Reconstructing(basically Sally Beauty Supply knock-off of Joico K-Pak). For my DT, One 'n Only Hydrating Mask from Sally's. Again, good stuff, for me anyway. My one hairstyling product is the ever-trusty and popular LA Looks Sports Gel. Sometimes I use Suave Captivating Curls underneath it. I'm out of that product though so I'm just with the gel now. Hope this helps!:)
    So PJ that I am - but controlled - I went out and bought the Renpure shampoo. I will report back. I did not buy the conditioner. I love Giovanni's tea tree.

You are indeed lucky to have found excellent products that work for you! I have LALSG too, it is a fave here, but have not used it in a while. My hair and its needs have changed dramatically since I stopped using dye. I also have the GVP Sally conditioner, and I get mixed results with that. Its always good to know what others use! I did like how the shampoo felt in the shower - I life the fragrance too - and I felt like my hair was tons thicker than usual. Wonder why!
    @Myrna: I don't go with the Renpure conditioner because it was too lightweight for me - it seems that I do better with richer conditioners, but at the same time I don't want them to leave my hair limp either, which is what can happen if one uses the wrong one. Trust me, I've had it happen LOL!
    One thing that surprises people even after they've grown out all their grey is the fact that even though the hair might be healthier and all, it still needs to be attended to as far as conditioning. You see, grey hair tends to be drier anyway, so it's often necessary to keep up the really good conditioning habits one had while still coloring. Also the protein treatments, because sometimes grey hair is weak simply because of aging changes in the hair. But it really all depends on one's individual hair and how it's behaving. Best of luck!:)
    Hi, Caramix, yep, I know silver hair requires TLC. I have several inches, and a long way to go, but I know it may be different by the time it is all grown out. I am already using more conditioner; I never used to use a leave in, and I am now.
  • greencup13greencup13 Posts: 596Registered Users
    Very intrigued. Is this a drug store or Sally purchase?
    3A 3B mix
    Colored treated
    Combo Low and High porosity
    Medium coarse texture

Goosefootprints hair analysis
    Co-wash- As I Am Co-wash
    RO-GVPCB[/COLOR
    LI- As I Am leave in,
    [/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Style- la looks sport gel
    Drugstore, but can be hard to find on the ground. If it's not in your area, try renpure.com or Amazon.

ETA: Renpure's where to buy page - http://www.renpure.com/where-to-buy.html
    CG since 11/2011

Go To Products /Routine:
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Got mine at Walgreens, no problem. Let's all admit we are powerless over our addiction.:thumbleft:
    Im raising my hand admitting my addiction lol
    We are supposed to now pray that a higher power restores us to sanity.
    Im not sure Im ready for that step just yet lol. I kinda like hair product shopping. I admit I have a problem but the other 11 steps are too much to ask.
    yes, seriously, I am thinking about the Renpure argan mousse...
  • cinnamonswirlscinnamonswirls Posts: 6Registered Users
    Idk if they changed the formula but my bottle has a silicone in it >.<
    winter 2B thru summer 3A

natural, healthy & growing like crazy since 2010

henna <3

homemade fsg, suave coconut cowash, sulfate free shampoos, LALSG, tressemme naturals nourish condish, GFTN, curlkeeper (summer), gelatin protein tx
    Idk if they changed the formula but my bottle has a silicone in it >.<

If it's Silicone Quaternium-17, it's water soluble and CG friendly.
    CG since 11/2011

Go To Products /Routine:
  • cinnamonswirlscinnamonswirls Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thank you!
    winter 2B thru summer 3A

natural, healthy & growing like crazy since 2010

henna <3

homemade fsg, suave coconut cowash, sulfate free shampoos, LALSG, tressemme naturals nourish condish, GFTN, curlkeeper (summer), gelatin protein tx
    Ok so my hair has been a little dry lately. I'm using a sulphate shampoo so I'm not surprised. I decided to try Renpure again. I had some left over from a few months ago because I used it regularly in the fall and part of the winter. The the dews got really low and it didn't work for me. Well it's working great now! I don't need to use a bunch of conditioner either. I guess it's time to change my routine now that it's spring. Have to admit that I'm curious about the conditioner. Anyone use it?
    Spring routine: Renpure luxurious argan oil shampoo/Loreal Advanced Care Color conditioner , HETT gel
    Microfiber towel/diffuse
    Trying KKCC
    @okyouwin... I used the conditioner before they added amodimethicone, and loved it for low dews as RO and/or LI. It did a fantastic job of keeping my hair moisturized, even into single digit dewpoints if used as a LI. I haven't tried it since they reformulated, but since it's amodimethicone they added, I might try it if I needed something heavier than my staple VO5's and Cure Care. If they'd added dimethicone or some other non-water soluble silicone, I'd probably stay away.

About amodimethicone, if you aren't aware... It's part of a semi-unique class of non-water soluble silicones in that once a layer is deposited, it repels further deposition until it's washed off with a low poo (containing cocamidopropyl betaine or cocobetaine). This class of silicones also targets damaged areas of the hair. See here for a Curl Chemist article about them: Amodimethicone and other Amine-functionalized Silicones
    CG since 11/2011

Go To Products /Routine:
    Thank you, GeekChic! I am using a conditioner with amodimethicone now. Haven't had any problems with it so amo doesn't bother me! Maybe I'll pick up a bottle of Renpure though....
    Microfiber towel/diffuse
    Trying KKCC
  • boobear27boobear27 Posts: 13Registered Users
    The 32oz bottle is on sale right now at Walgreens for $5.99 I just picked one up:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file