Bestsellers: A Mystery (questionnaire for my MA thesis)

LauraimesLauraimes Posts: 882Registered Users Curl Novice
Hi everyone!

I am currently working on my master's thesis about bestsellers, and I focus on the success of J.K. Rowling's works. Therefore I am looking for people who read one or more of the Harry Potter books, and who read The Casual Vacancy and The Cuckoo's Calling. The questionnaire takes about ten minutes and it would be greatly appreciated :) Below is some more information and here is the link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1B0BAMAYLACepnZ16fK-_YHB7BrFx7mUaCpfA0APLVtM/viewform

Bestsellers: we see them everywhere. These books are on display in bookstores, featured in online shops and they often have the word "bestseller" on their covers. Despite the fact that the term "bestseller" is used so often, no one really knows what defines a bestseller or what characteristics bestsellers have. I noticed that there is very little academic literature to be found on this phenomenon and that questions such as "what is a bestseller?" and "why does a book become a bestseller?" remain unanswered. Thus, the bestseller is still a mystery.

The bestseller phenomenon intrigues me and I am especially curious about what characteristics make a book a bestseller, which is the topic for my master's thesis. Due to a limited amount of words, this research is restricted to a small body of books. I have chosen all J.K. Rowling's work because she has written one of the biggest book phenomena with her Harry Potter series and is still much discussed as a writer up to this day.

Have you read one or more of J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter books, The Casual Vacancy and The Cuckoo's Calling? Then you are the right person to fill in this questionnaire and help me with my research. It consists of four sections: one for the Harry Potter series, two separate sections for the other books and finally a section on bestsellers in general. This questionnaire takes about ten minutes.

P.s. I hope I posted this on the right board - if not, then by all means move it to a more suitable place.
F - LP - HD - L/NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, low/normal elasticity
Hairtype 2c

Low poo: SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Shampoo
Detangler/RO: KCKT with 
Colorful Neutral Protein Filler
Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number

Comments

• HtBlackHtBlack Posts: 292Registered Users
    I read all HP ones but not the others. :c I'm sorry and good luck!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
    A 2C, wishfully thinking of being 3a. Sometimes I get there. CG since October 2013, Eurocurly (just for a few months more!), completely low-porosity now. SBL, wanting elbow length.

--
    Routine:
    CW-LI: Garnier Ultra Doux (Cocoa+Coconut Oil/Mango+Tiaré) or my own products.
    DC: Biofficina Toscana Maschera Nutriente Protettiva, or my own product.
    Homemade FSG, L'Oreal Styling Gel.
  • LauraimesLauraimes Posts: 882Registered Users Curl Novice
    Thanks, HtBlack! :)
    F - LP - HD - L/NE
    Hairtype 2c

Beauty Is Not a Number
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Same, I've read the HP series but not the others. Best of luck to you though! =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• PerriPPerriP Posts: 6,613Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Same as the other two.
    Sorry!
    Modified CG since Dec 2011
  • PoodleheadPoodlehead Posts: 6,959Registered Users
    I've read them all. Does that make me the only person who has done your questionnaire?

I will also read The Silkworm when it comes out. Each time I am hoping she recaptures the Harry Potter magic.
    Minneapolis, MN
  • Morgan_AdcockMorgan_Adcock Posts: 2,573Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You are not alone.
    Peace,
    Morgan

Baby Fine 3B, low porosity, normal density and elasticity
    CGing since July 2008
  • LauraimesLauraimes Posts: 882Registered Users Curl Novice
    Thanks, DaniGirl88 and PerriP!

You're not the only one, Poodlehead :) But I have to admit that finding respondents is certainly challenging. I really appreciate that you and Morgan_Adcock have filled in the questionnaire - thank you so much!
    F - LP - HD - L/NE
    Hairtype 2c

Beauty Is Not a Number

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights