Transitioning Problems

fifi_lilyfifi_lily Posts: 9Registered Users
I have 4b/4c hair i've been transitioning for about 1 yr now and i really don't know what to do with my hair:dontknow:. It's about shoulder length i've been flat ironing it alot to get it easier to manage :banghead: but i know is hurting my hair and i want it to be healthy and look good. I dont know what else i should do anyone has any ideas on how i should style it and what i can do besides using heat ..??? :cry:

Comments

• SimplyDebraSimplyDebra Posts: 17Registered Users
    You could get a long-term style like twists or braids, you can weave-it-up. You can do braidouts with your own hair, or you can wear buns.

If I were you, I would do anything except flat iron. You can do rollersets/curly wet sets as well.
    simplydebra.com
    Last Relaxer: 11-1-13 | Big Chop 6-28-14 :toothy8:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anissafersureanissafersure Posts: 255Registered Users
    I agree. Twist outs, braid outs, Bantu knots, and perm rods can all give you great results when it comes to blending the two different textures of hair. I've also seen a lot of great reviews on curl formers, which work similar to perm rods but give a more defined curl to your hair. Any of those should help you out a lot. But just remember, stay away from the heat! I know how tempting it can be during that stage, but it won't benefit you in the long run. Good luck (:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file