Can conditioner get old?

shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
I have stocked up on a ton of bottles of Tresemme Naturals conditioners (old formula) because I hate the new formula..and I'm trying really hard to make them last as long as possible...but should I not make them last too long? Should I try to use them up fast? Will they get old over time and I will have to throw them out or could I make them last forever?

Comments

• JohariJohari Posts: 673Registered Users
    Yes they expire

Sent from my C5155 using CurlTalk App
  • NayaMooreNayaMoore Posts: 60Registered Users
    They do expire but the shelf life of unopened conditioners & shampoos are 3yrs and opened like 14 months I think. Of course if it starts to smell weird throw it out lol
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    My products say they have an open shelf life of 12 months. However I use products up by that time so can't say either way.
  • shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
    Wait...can using expired conditioners damage your hair? I noticed that the Tresemme Naturals bottles that I have do smell different from what I remember them smelling like...it's the old formula so who knows how long these bottles were sitting on the shelves at the store...uh oh...

When I use the conditioner it still feels fine on my hair, still works well, but I noticed I have been breaking out a lot more than usual latley....and I have also been trying to find a replacement conditioner and I have tried literally almost every conditioner and nothing is working on my hair...could the old Tresemme Naturals conditioners be damaging my hair and causing other products to not work on my hair???
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wait...can using expired conditioners damage your hair? I noticed that the Tresemme Naturals bottles that I have do smell different from what I remember them smelling like...it's the old formula so who knows how long these bottles were sitting on the shelves at the store...uh oh...
    My products state or have pictures on them that they have a shelf life of 12 months from being open.

However knowing how my mum use to buy products they can go off before you have even opened them. Though that took years.

Generally bad products separate into oil and water as well as smelling off.
    When I use the conditioner it still feels fine on my hair, still works well, but I noticed I have been breaking out a lot more than usual latley....
    You can't just blame this on the conditioner though you could easily be doing things that could break your hair.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file