Tresemme Natural's replacement???

JeliahJeliah Posts: 248Registered Users
I, like so many other curlies on this forum, hate the new TN formula. It makes my hair feel like straw and causes tangles even when I rinse it completely out. I was wondering if anyone has found a good replacement.

Comments

• shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
    I feel your pain! I have been going nuts trying to find a replacement. Tresemme Naturals was the only conditioner that actually worked in my hair and now it's awful! I have been trying conditioner after conditioner trying to find a replacement and nothing even comes close for me...

I have heard some curlies were replacing it with Trader Joe's Nourish Spa conditioner...so if you have a Trader Joe's in your area, then you could maybe give that a try...I've been really wanting to try it but I don't have a Trader Joe's where I live. :(

If I do find anything, I'll let you know! :)
  • JeliahJeliah Posts: 248Registered Users
    Thanks! I'm actually using that conditioner at the moment!! It was ok for a while but it has protein in it and I think it's starting to make my hair feel dry. Before that I was using suave naturals and after a while that started to feel like it was leaving a film on my hair :-( So I guess in the meantime I could rotate the two and a low poo. But I wish I could find one perfect conditioner that I could use all the time.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I recently bought Tresemme naturals and only just realised I bought the old formula. Whereabouts are you guys from? Because the old formula is still available on the ground in the UK and on Amazon
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • Jamieleigh93Jamieleigh93 Posts: 56Registered Users
    It makes my hair smell awful after the first day so I have to wash it everyday!! Also looking for replacement!
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I recently bought Tresemme naturals and only just realised I bought the old formula. Whereabouts are you guys from? Because the old formula is still available on the ground in the UK and on Amazon

Have you bought from Amazon? I was looking on there and wondering if they do indeed have the white topped bottle, or they are just showing the picture of the white top. Also, one of them is charging $10 for it. I think that's crazy.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • NayaMooreNayaMoore Posts: 60Registered Users
    There is a store called Big Lots that's near me and they sell both formulas.
    oOoOooOooo.. I love Big Lots! I'll have to go check mine.
    I stayed up till 3am (sign of a truly obsessed Pj!!!) searching the web for possible replacements. I came across this brand called Curelle it's supposed to be all organic no silicone, no glycerin no protein and very minimal ingredients like 4 or 5. Only con is its not available on the ground but I'm gonna give it a shot. And As soon as I'm done with this post I'm going to Big Lots!!!!!! Lol :-)
  • SortaRicanSortaRican Posts: 310Registered Users
    I've always used Tresemme (just not that Natural line) up until a year ago and then I started trying other products. However, I recently gave the Tresemme Naturals a try and of course I love it, it's what I've always known. However, I'm not sure if my bottle is the old or new formula. How can I tell?
    3b/3c
    Fine, Long, High Density, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Products
    CoWash: YTC Nourishing Conditioner/AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI: GDLI
    Styler: KCCC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sixelamy wrote: »

Have you bought from Amazon? I was looking on there and wondering if they do indeed have the white topped bottle, or they are just showing the picture of the white top. Also, one of them is charging $10 for it. I think that's crazy.

If it is indeed the white top formula I would gladly pay $10!!!
  • SortaRicanSortaRican Posts: 310Registered Users
    Disregard my question. I read a previous post about the product and I guess the old formula has the white top and the new formula has black top. I'll have to check when I get home...I'm guessing mine is black though.
    3b/3c
    Fine, Long, High Density, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Products
    CoWash: YTC Nourishing Conditioner/AO Honeysuckle Rose
    LI: GDLI
    Styler: KCCC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'm so mad, because I had an old bottle of the old formula (white top), but it was old-ish and smelled different than my new bottle (with the black top) so I threw my old one out thinking it went bad. (this was before I read labels, obviously) I kick myself lol

Pfffft.. I wouldn't pay $10 for that.. talk about taking advantage.
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Yep, I bought the old formula from Amazon - it was £2.47 for a 750ml bottle! Which I think is a bloody steal :)

I'm going to Boots today to buy another bottle on the ground, just so I can stock up
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
    Jeliah wrote: »
    Thanks! I'm actually using that conditioner at the moment!! It was ok for a while but it has protein in it and I think it's starting to make my hair feel dry. Before that I was using suave naturals and after a while that started to feel like it was leaving a film on my hair :-( So I guess in the meantime I could rotate the two and a low poo. But I wish I could find one perfect conditioner that I could use all the time.

Yeah the Suave Naturals also left a residue on my hair too. I am also protein sensitive, which makes it even harder to find a decent conditioner for my hair also. I hear everyone raving about the Giovanni Smooth as Silk but it has protein in it :( My hair loved that stuff when I first started using it, but with continued use it started drying my hair out. I live in the US and most of the stores in my area are only selling the new formula, I have found some of the old formula in some grocery stores and some Rite Aids, so I've been stocking up on them every time I see them. But I still need to find a replacement because eventually my bottles are going to run out :( I have no idea what I'm going to do when I run out of that stuff...it almost scares me! I don't know what I'm going to do without it! I have been getting desperate and have been kinda thinking about trying to going back to Pantene...I know it has silicones in it but that was the only other conditioner that had as good of slip as the Tresemme Naturals for me. I may have to stop the CG method all together :(
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What about as I am cowash? I dont think it has protein.
    I try to stay away from anything that has anything coconut in it...my hair hates coconut oil...I tried putting coconut oil in my hair once and my hair felt fried. So I've been too afraid to try the As I Am Coconut Cowash.
    What about as I am cowash? I dont think it has protein.

I don't think this product has protein and I have tried it in the past. For ME it wasn't moisturizing enough and it just did an ok job at making my scalp feel clean. But Now that I think about it I tried this when I was using TN regularly. So now that I don't have the tresemme to compare it to, I might like it the second time around. And I also didnt like the fact that it comes in a jar because I remember dropping it and wasting quite a bit of it in the shower. But that could be an easy fix.
    I know I may be in the minority, but I used the new bottle of TN & love it. I saw the warning on the bottle about breakage if used while combing or when used with a non-moisturizing product. I didn't have a problem with it because my products moisturize my hair. Very little hair came out. (Shedding & a few broken hairs) I can be rough when finger detangling. Lol For me it had great slip & left my hair soft.
    Shishacurls I understand that. I found I can't use DIY recipes with honey in it, but my hair likes products that have honey at the end of the ingredient list.
    I try to stay away from anything that has anything coconut in it...my hair hates coconut oil...I tried putting coconut oil in my hair once and my hair felt fried. So I've been too afraid to try the As I Am Coconut Cowash.

The same thing happens to my hair when I use EVCO. I also makes my hair SUPER frizzy like a took a brush to my dry curls. That could be why I didn't like that product when I tried it. My hair also isn't too fond of aloe vera and glycerine. Soooo if I try to avoid all those things it narrows down my options ALOT! These are the ingredients in the curelle treslite conditioner..... The bottle I bought cost $9 a bottle ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1395449486.260270.jpg i hope it works!!!!
    The curelle conditioner is really thick like GVP conditioning balm it serves as a pretty good leave-in for me. Lately I've been using Salon Care conditioner from sally's as a co-wash, detangler and rinse out and so far so good. It doesnt have the best slip but good enough for $8 a gallon plus it's cone free, glycerin free. It has keratin protein as the 5th ingredient but so far it hasn't caused me any issues. I will be sticking to this...... For now anyway.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file