asymmetrical bob?

ElvishThistleElvishThistle Posts: 130Registered Users
Do any of you ladies have an asymmetrical bob hair cut?
I am really considering it, but I don't want to lose curl. However the longer my hair gets the curl seems to get pulled out. So for the last 15 years I have had the same mid-length curly hair and was looking for a way to change things up.
What do you think? Thoughts, experiences?
Fine, 3a/3b
Modified CG
Low Poo: TJ's TTT, ACV/beer Rinses once a month or so, Soap Bars once in a while, Carols Daughter Khoret Amen shampoo
Conditioner: AOHR, AOGPB, Suave Coconut, vo5 Kiwi, etc
Style
HE gels, occasional hairspray, Garnier Fructis Curl shaping gel spray, FSG when I actually make it
Honey/AVG only in the summer

HG I fell into the craze and my hair is happy with Deva! No Poo, Angel, and one condish = awesome hair day.
My hair loves Protein!

Comments

• jubbuswicjubbuswic Posts: 2Registered Users
    I love getting my hair done that way. I've had that style a few times over the years. Right now I'm trying to grow my hair but if I wasn't it would probably be in an A. Bob. It looks really good on 3 type hair.
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    A lot of us wear curly bobs of differing shapes. Here's a thread that might give you some more insight http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/70484-curly-bobs-unite-whats-like-about.html
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElvishThistleElvishThistle Posts: 130Registered Users
    Great! Thanks for the link kathymack, I can't believe I didn't notice it before. :) I will read through it for sure.

Glad to hear it's not a completely bad idea for type 3's. I seem to talk myself in and out of it a lot!
    Fine, 3a/3b
    Modified CG
    Low Poo: TJ's TTT, ACV/beer Rinses once a month or so, Soap Bars once in a while, Carols Daughter Khoret Amen shampoo
    Style
    HE gels, occasional hairspray, Garnier Fructis Curl shaping gel spray, FSG when I actually make it

HG I fell into the craze and my hair is happy with Deva! No Poo, Angel, and one condish = awesome hair day.
    My hair loves Protein!

Great! Thanks for the link kathymack, I can't believe I didn't notice it before. :) I will read through it for sure.

Glad to hear it's not a completely bad idea for type 3's. I seem to talk myself in and out of it a lot!

I've been wearing my hair curly for almost 45 years. Got my hair cut in an inverted bob about six years ago. It's the first time in my curly life that I feel that I have a "style." the good thing about the bobs is that there are a lot of lengths and shapes that look good. Also, it shouldn't be hard to grow out.
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I agree. I feel like I finally have a hairstyle that I love and that my hair looks really good in. It makes me look more stylish. :toothy10:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

That is so great to hear! I feel like I always have the same medium length hair with no real style, and that's why I really feel like I need a change.

I was also concerned about growing it out, so thanks for answering that! ;)

Hopefully my stylist will have some idea what bob length will work best for me as well.
    Fine, 3a/3b
    Modified CG
    Style

My hair loves Protein!

If you have any concerns, at all, you can start with a longer bob and then go shorter, angled or asymmetric. I wet, use a rinse out and style every day. It doesn't take that much time. Since my hair is low porosity, it does take a while to dry (even using curl towels to scrunch out water and diffusing.)
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks kathymack! I have very similar hair to yours and follow the same routine with my BSL hair. I think you've convinced me to just go for it! ;) Of course i'm going to go for a longer one and go form there. I'm excited, still a bit nervous. But the nice thing is, hair does grow back. :p
    Fine, 3a/3b
    Modified CG
    Style

My hair loves Protein!

Thanks kathymack! I have very similar hair to yours and follow the same routine with my BSL hair. I think you've convinced me to just go for it! ;) Of course i'm going to go for a longer one and go form there. I'm excited, still a bit nervous. But the nice thing is, hair does grow back. :p

Your hair does sound similar to mine. When I was first doing this, my stylist of almost 30 years wasn't sure it would still curl. It was as I was starting my CG journey. My hair actually got curlier! It was because I was learning how to take care of it (and started to use products/technique.)

Good luck. Hope you end up being as happy as I am with the style, LOL!
    SE PA

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TrickTrick Posts: 140Registered Users
    Definitely start a little longer, even if you think your hair doesn't really shrink "that much," because mine definitely did more once some of the extra weight was off it and I was super glad that I hadn't started shorter!

2c/3a, fine, low porosity.

Poo: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean (yes, it has A Sulfate!!, but I have Teflon hair)
    Co-wash (when I feel so inclined, which isn't often!): VO5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner
    Conditioner/LI:
    same for both -- whatever I have in the shower at the time (I experiment a lot)
    Style: EcoStyler Olive Oil <3
    Dry: Diffuse or air dry, or both...depends on my mood

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Really considering doing this again when I get m hair done tonight. I guess I'll have to ask her what she thinks when I go in. I'm so indecisive!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file