Garnier Fructis fortifying conditioner pure clean

ItsMissMuffyItsMissMuffy Posts: 20Registered Users
Has anybody tried this? I know there's a little bit of a sulfate, but I'm thinking trying it for a every so often co wash.

Sent from my LG-D801 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• WaveliciousWavelicious Posts: 73Registered Users
    I use it, I've used it everyday for months. I came back to CG after a few years & I'm not really a product junkie (yet) so I only ever really use one product at a time. I mean, doesn't really do anything & there's a lot better out there but my hair's clean & curly & that's all I care about while I'm growing it out until summer. I use the hair gel from that line too.
    🐾
  • Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    If this ingredients list matches what's on your bottle, the sulfate listed isn't one you need to avoid. Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate is an antistatic and conditioning ingredient.

Water (Aqua) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Distearoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate , Octyldodecanol , Zea MaysCorn Starch , Parfum (Fragrance) , Pyrus Malus (Apple Fruit Extract) , Camelina SativaSeed Oil , Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot Kernel Oil) , Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil) , Tocopherol , Caprylyl Glycol , Benzoic Acid , Niacinamide , Pyridoxine HCI , Capric/Caprylic Triglyceride , Linalool , Hexylcinnamal , Citric Acid , Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane)Sugar Cane Extract , Citrus Medica LimonumLemon Peel Extract , Camellia Sinenis (Green Tea)Leaf Extract , Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola Cherry)Acerola Fruit Extract

I used this early on in CG as a cowash, but after a couple months, found I preferred cowashes with more slip (this has none unless you really glob it on). Also, over time, as my scalp started producing less oil, I needed cowashes with more moisture than this provides. I have a partial bottle left and use it occasionally as a summer cowash when my scalp feels particularly gunky. The high amount of cornstarch in it seems to have more of a scrubby effect than my usual VO5.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • ItsMissMuffyItsMissMuffy Posts: 20Registered Users
    Yep that matches my ingredient list, makes my scalp look clean, but I agree I wish I had more slip. Any recommendation?

• Geek_ChicGeek_Chic Posts: 1,275Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    There are a few options if you want to stick with Pure Clean. One option would be to dilute it a bit (in your hands, as you're applying, not in the bottle). The added water should add some additional slip without undoing the cleaning power. You could also apply the undiluted conditioner at your roots, then duck your head under the shower spray to add some water, which should also help add some slip to it.

For me, since I use products on the length of my hair, I tend to want to work a little cowash through my length, not just scrub my scalp with it. Simply letting the cowash rinse down through my length didn't seem to be doing the trick for me. So, when I used Pure Clean during the summer, I'd use it only on my scalp. I'd slide my fingers in horizontally at the root, then scrub, as opposed to working them in from the surface of my hair and scrubbing that way (like you see people do in shampoo commercials). If I needed to, I'd tilt my head to the side, back, or even bend over so my head was upside down if that was the best way to get good root access without overly agitating my length. I hope that all makes sense. For my length when I cowashed it, I used a slippier conditioner, VO5 (not she shampoos or the 2-in-1) or Suave Naturals (not the shampoos or 2-in-1).

I don't know what your hair properties are (texture, porosity, density), but Suave Naturals and VO5 are both fairly popular cheap cowashes. If your hair is fine textured (small individual strands) or highly porous (damaged), you may want a cowash that contains protein, but if it's coarse textured (large individual strands) you'll want to stick to options that are protein free. VO5 Herbal Escapes Kiwi Lime Squeeze (a staple for me) and Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut are both popular options with protein. VO5 Tea Therapy Vanilla Mint Tea or Blackberry Sage Tea are a couple lighter protein free options. Any Suave Naturals other than Tropical Coconut is also protein free. VO5's Moisture Milks line has a low amount of protein, the Strawberries and Cream is another of my favorites.

You can read up about hair properties here. Keep in mind that in terms of porosity, there's no good "test" for it you can do at home. Instead, watch how your hair behaves, or have a good microscopic hair analysis done.
    CG since 11/2011
    2c /3a F /Mii, low porosity

Go To Products /Routine:
    Clarifying: Suave Essentials Strawberry
    Low Poo: Renpure Luxurious Argan Oil
    CO: Suave Essentials Strawberry, V05 Kiwi Lime
    RO /LI: Tresemme Perfectly (un)Done, Cure Care, V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze, Suave Essentials Strawberry, Renpure Brazilian Keratin (old formula)
    Stylers: LALSG, AIF, HETT, Suave Professionals Firm Control
    PT: IAGirl's as needed
  • ItsMissMuffyItsMissMuffy Posts: 20Registered Users
    I've been trying to figure out my properties for a long time and from what I can tell based on all the various tests and how my hair reaxts and what it does...

I've come to the conclusion that I have medium to coarse hair and its low porosity. Those are the only things that I'm fairly sure about.

I have trouble getting moisture in my hair, that's actually something I really need to work on more. I've just been having trouble finding a deep conditioner I like let alone a regular conditioner
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    Ooooo I have been using that one as leave in and sometimes in the washing process but I consider it a bit heavy on me as a cowash- I haven't actually tried it though and my hair gets weighted down at some point. I prefer my gliss ultimate volume over it but it's loaded with protein, as to add a bit slip combined with my HG for detangle which is elvive nutrigloss crystal. I generally like protein condish.

But as a leave in I divide hair in two sections, one right one left, and add maybe a pea size amount for each side. BUT again I consider my hair to be fine. If your hair is thicker than mine I don't think you would face that problem. Maybe if you had low porosity it could be a bit heavy. Sometimes you just have to try it. I wish i could access the gel everyone raves about. X-(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014
  • KaZenner1990KaZenner1990 Posts: 859Registered Users
    Ooooo I have been using that one as leave in and sometimes in the washing process but I consider it a bit heavy on me as a cowash- I haven't actually tried it though and my hair gets weighted down at some point. I prefer my gliss ultimate volume over it but it's loaded with protein, as to add a bit slip combined with my HG for detangle which is elvive nutrigloss crystal. I generally like protein condish.

But as a leave in I divide hair in two sections, one right one left, and add maybe a pea size amount for each side. BUT again I consider my hair to be fine. If your hair is thicker than mine I don't think you would face that problem. Maybe if you had low porosity it could be a bit heavy. Sometimes you just have to try it. I wish i could access the gel everyone raves about. X-(

Sent from my GT-I9000 using CurlTalk App

Oops scrap that! I got my hair analysis and it seems I have.... medium to coarse. :confused2::confused2:. Don't even ask how I got the idea is fine. Only 5% of my hair is fine :oops:
    2C/3A Botticelli/Corkicelli.Growing out color/heat damage
    M/C, Low/Medium/High Por, Normal Elast. Medium Density
    LP: INSIGHT DAMAGED HAIR Restructurizing Shampoo
    CO: Generic protein conditioner, Hair Academy Deep Cleansing CO
    DET/RO/LI: GNC Avocado And Shea Butter Conditioner +/mask,
    Styler: Schwarzkopf Taft Fixing GelWellaflex Instant Volume Boost Mousse
    DT: EVOO, C.O
    HG
    Goal: WL when curly
    CG since Feb 2014

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list