Devacare

BabydollRingletsBabydollRinglets Posts: 205Registered Users
I have high porosity and fine hair. I am wondering if anyone has tried Devacare products? And how well does it work on your porous hair?
3c/3b fine texture, normal density, high porosity

Shampoo: Devacare Low Poo, Devacare No Poo
Conditioner: Devacare One Conditioner
Leave-In: Devacare One Conditioner
Oil: Grapeseed Oil
Treatment: Coloful Protein Filler
Gel: Eco Styler Argan Oil

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    It's supposed to work for all curly hair so I'm sure it will work. (At least that's what the website says)
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I prefer Devacare to DevaCurl, especially the One Condition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Corina I didn't like the deva curl no poo. It has a gentle cleanser in towards the end of the ingredient list, but it still dried out my hair. I will try the deva care no poo. I can't use gentle cleansers at all. But I love their one condition.
  • Corrina777Corrina777 Posts: 3,204Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I just found that Devacare seemed to absorb into my hair much better than DevaCurl, and I do find them to be more gentle overall.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3a/f/iii
    Modified CG since 11/5/11
    CLEANSE: CJ Daily Fix, DevaCare No-Poo, CHS Treatment Shampoo
    RO: SS Caitlin's Conditioner, CJ Beauticurls Strengthening
    LI: SS Repairing Protein Treatment, CHS Silk Leave-In
    STYLE: Re:Coil, Curl Keeper, Deva Ultra Defining Gel, Curls Rock Amplifier,Sweet Curls Elixirs Okra Gel and Hard Hold Gel, SS Curl Enhancing Jelly and Firm Hold Gel
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I'm the opposite, I love DevaCurl over DevaCare. The DCare One Condition contains an orange peel wax that I think I didn't like. The DCurl worked much better in my hair.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • cherryredcurlycherryredcurly Posts: 38Registered Users
    i like the devacare products. Today i used it the first time and love the conditioner, arcangel and the No-poo. My hair got nice clumps, feel moisturized and have nearly no frizz, even now after hours and some hands in my hair ;-)
    i cant tell about the devacurl line, i only had tested the ultra gel from the line and i liked it for the strong hold, stronger than arcangel.

My hair is damaged through bleach, flat iron and colouring. So, this works fine for me
    medium density, medium-high porosity, 2c/3a Curls, bright cherry red, growing out damage

low-poo: Sante shampoo brillant jojoba care
    treatments: diy PT`s
    Conditioner/leave-in: TBS Rainforest Condi`s & pure gelatin
    styling: 4naturals spring back curling custard
    SOTS with a tiny little bit of coconut oil

*don`t like polyquats, glycerine, silicones & too much oil

fotki: http://public.fotki.com/cherryredcurly/my-first-album/
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I bought a trial size set of DevaCurl products that included NP, OC, LDG and SIF. I really like the NP and OC. I read that DevaCare was a little more moisturizing and for treated hair. I purchased smaller bottles of the NP and LP from that line. I have only used the NP once, but my hair seems to really like the orange oil. I would love to try the DevaCare OC, but they did not have it. I can not really give a great opinion yet but so far, so good. I'm still trying to figure out the other products. I am not sure if the Glycerin is causing problems (I have not had major issues before) or if I have not gotten the hang of them yet. I've read that you need to experiment, allow time for your hair to adjust, and most importantly get the hydration level right. I'm having "a time" with that right now no matter what I use.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file