Flexirods

SortaRicanSortaRican Posts: 310Registered Users
Have any of you 3s used flexirods? I saw some posts under the 4s but was curious if others were using them and what they thought of them. Any special techniques or products you use?

I wanted to try something different so I went to Sally's and purchased some flexirods yesterday. It only took 20 to do my entire head. I bought an extra pack of 10 just incase but I will be taking those back, might exchange them for smaller ones to use in the front/top of my head.

For my first time, I think it turned out pretty good (thanks to YouTube!)...I posted a pic below. Most of the videos I watched said to leave them in over night but I did mine early in the day and left them in for about 4 hours, so some of the hair was still a little damp when I removed them. Of course I have yet to EVER get second day hair so it did seem like a lot of work to only wear for one day.
3b/3c
Fine, Long, High Density, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Products
CoWash: YTC Nourishing Conditioner/AO Honeysuckle Rose
LI: GDLI
Styler: KCCC
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• KellyprizelKellyprizel Posts: 1Registered Users
    Your hair looks fab! I have been looking for 3 type hair use with flexi rods and I'm loving yours. What spiral size did you go with? I'm so overwhelmed the amount of youtube videos, any winners you liked?
  • SortaRicanSortaRican Posts: 310Registered Users
    Your hair looks fab! I have been looking for 3 type hair use with flexi rods and I'm loving yours. What spiral size did you go with? I'm so overwhelmed the amount of youtube videos, any winners you liked?

Thanks!

I don't know the size right off the top of my head, I'll have to check for sure when I get home but I do know they were orange! I think I want to get a pack of the next size down for some portions of my hair. I watched several videos and then just did what worked for me (although most of the videos were the same). I just searched "flexi rod curls for natural hair" or something similar. It took me about an hour and a half to get them all in. I know it seems like a long time but once I got the hang of it, it wasn't that bad.
    3b/3c

Products
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lolo918lolo918 Posts: 729Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I haven't used flexirods, but have in the past couple of months maybe less have dreamed of buying flexirods twice, lol. The last time there was rioting or war going on, but I just HAD to get into Sally's to get flexirods.

Your hair looks fabulous!! It makes me want to try them so badly now! I already have perm rods that I haven't used for a rod set in forever though, and a few curlformers, so I've been trying to hold off buying them.

What products did you use? Did you wash, and apply to wet hair, or apply to damp hair?
    3C/4A, fine texture, low-medium density, and low porosity
    CG since November 2013.

Pre-Poo: infrequent now, Coconut Oil overnight
    Shampoo: Curls unleashed/for occasional sulfate wash when needed, everlasting sunshine.
    Conditioner: Suave Naturals Everlasting Sunshine and GVP's conditioning balm.
    Styler: iagirl's flaxseed curl cream or gelatin gel/conditioner mix. <3
    PT: iagirl's gelatin treatment 3-4 times a month, with conditioner/honey/avj
  • jubbuswicjubbuswic Posts: 2Registered Users
    Your hair looks so beautiful. I've never hears of flex rods until I joined Naturally Curly.com. I think I may have to buy some now. Thanks for posting this.
    Thank you both :)
    lolo918 wrote: »
    I haven't used flexirods, but have in the past couple of months maybe less have dreamed of buying flexirods twice, lol. The last time there was rioting or war going on, but I just HAD to get into Sally's to get flexirods.

Your hair looks fabulous!! It makes me want to try them so badly now! I already have perm rods that I haven't used for a rod set in forever though, and a few curlformers, so I've been trying to hold off buying them.

What products did you use? Did you wash, and apply to wet hair, or apply to damp hair?

I did apply to damp hair. I washed as if it were a regular wash day then I dried my hair and wrapped it in my turbietwist just to get some of the excess water out. I applied my LI to each section as I put in each flexirod and I even used a little gel but I think next time I could probably do without the gel.

I used AIA leave in and Ecostyler gel.

I'm going to give it another try tomorrow and let them set over night to dry (hopefully I can sleep with them in), plus use some of the smaller flexirods.
    jubbuswic wrote: »
    Your hair looks so beautiful. I've never hears of flex rods until I joined Naturally Curly.com. I think I may have to buy some now. Thanks for posting this.

I hadn't even heard of them on here until I decided to research them, or didn't know what they were to pay any attention to a posting regarding them. I follow lots of curlies on IG so I've seen a few of them post pics with their flexirods in and I loved the look it gave them afterwards. I like that it gives a different look without taking away the curls (unlike straightening) and it doesn't damage the hair (also unlike straightening).
    3b/3c

Products
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Gorgeous!!!! (As always). =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

DaniGirl88 wrote: »
    Gorgeous!!!! (As always). =)

Thanks hun :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3b/3c

Products
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlysue62curlysue62 Posts: 13Registered Users
    Your hair looks gorgeous!!!😍 I wanted to get a spiral perm whoh is exactly like what you did except when the rods are in you out perm acid on it! I'm gonna try this flexor of thing first though! Thanks for posting it and again your hair looks beautiful👍
  • CurlydominicanaCurlydominicana Posts: 17Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair is beautiful
  • Kathleen_e_bKathleen_e_b Posts: 1Registered Users
    So you used the orange flexi rods? And the next size down are the blue ones right? Your hair looks stunning!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file