Sally beauty data breach

i2credi2cred Posts: 80Registered Users
I'm more than a little frustrated with this. My card was compromised when Target got hit. Since I've gone CG a month or so ago, I have been to Sally at least 4 times. Ive used two different cards. Supposedly information from only (only? really?) 25,000 cards that were stolen but Target started out with a small number too. WTH people???

Comments

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Seriously? That sucks!! I don't like using my card any where any more. We were compromised when Schnucks was compromised here and then when Target was compromised. I ALMOST stopped at Sally's on Saturday. Glad I didn't.

Sorry this happened to you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    oh crap. I just bought something there. What's the date range?

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur

They won't say yet. "Still investigating". Or that's what I heard.:banghead:
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I did too, about a week ago. Nothing suspicious on my card though, phew.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • i2credi2cred Posts: 80Registered Users
    im sure this is going to go like the Target episode did...we wont know the extent of it for weeks. im really tired of crap like this. why can't people work for what they have instead of stealing it from everyone that does? I know...stupid question!
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i2cred wrote: »
    im sure this is going to go like the Target episode did...we wont know the extent of it for weeks. im really tired of crap like this. why can't people work for what they have instead of stealing it from everyone that does? I know...stupid question!

Don't presume the hackers are in the States.
    Im not.
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Everything I read said Sally's may have been hacked on March 5th. Nothing other than that preliminary date yet.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    http://krebsonsecurity.com/2014/03/sally-beauty-confirms-card-data-breach/

Here is this, in case someone has not read more yet.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    My boyfriend looked it up for me yesterday and told me the 5th as well. I bought something on the 6th.. that's scary.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    What Im gathering is theyknew they had been hacked two weeks prior to the 5th but claim they didnt know data was being stolen. I get trying to prevent a panic and not scaring customers away but im more likely to not let that deter me if they are more proactive about protecting customers by letting them know. Idk Im just pissed lol
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Gotta go check my bank records to see when I made my last purchase there. SOBs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file