Can my hair being in bad shape be the reason nothing works?

shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
I have been going crazy still trying to find a replacement conditioner for the Tresemme Naturals since they changed the formulas...I've tried conditioner after conditioner after conditioner and nothing is working on my hair...everything is leaving my hair feel dry, the Tresemme Naturals is the only conditioner that does not leave my hair feeling that way. This is so frustrating! Has anyone else had their favorite product change on them before and had such a hard time as I am finding a replacement?? What do I do? Help?

Could it be that my hair could just be in really bad shape and that could be the reason nothing else is working in my hair??? My hair is pretty dry right now since I've been trying so many conditioners on my hair lately and clarifying after I tried something that does not work to start over. Could this be my problem?

Also, has anyone tried the giovanni direct leave in as a rinse out conditioner before? That stuff feels really nice on my hair when I use it as a leave in...I wonder how it would be as a rinse out...anyone tried it?

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    As I am cowash is amazing! Also try suave tropical coconut. If you want something really good, try the deva care line.
  • NayaMooreNayaMoore Posts: 60Registered Users
    Doesn't mean it's in bad shape, it took me awhile to find a conditioner to replace Tresemme, I now use As I am coconut cowash
  • chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I have been going crazy still trying to find a replacement conditioner for the Tresemme Naturals since they changed the formulas...I've tried conditioner after conditioner after conditioner and nothing is working on my hair...everything is leaving my hair feel dry, the Tresemme Naturals is the only conditioner that does not leave my hair feeling that way. This is so frustrating! Has anyone else had their favorite product change on them before and had such a hard time as I am finding a replacement?? What do I do? Help?

Could it be that my hair could just be in really bad shape and that could be the reason nothing else is working in my hair??? My hair is pretty dry right now since I've been trying so many conditioners on my hair lately and clarifying after I tried something that does not work to start over. Could this be my problem?

Also, has anyone tried the giovanni direct leave in as a rinse out conditioner before? That stuff feels really nice on my hair when I use it as a leave in...I wonder how it would be as a rinse out...anyone tried it?

Try Giovanni 2Chic Ultra Moisturizing Conditioner.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I recently bought TRESemme naturals and love it. Wondering if I have the old formula . . . What's the difference between the new and the old one? Did they add something bad, because everyone seems to be really upset about the change?
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I highly recommend Curl Junkie conditioners and Komaza Care conditioners. Do you know your hair properties to be able to pick the right conditioner for your hair? Have you clarified? Have you deep conditioned? Are you using products with protein? There are so many factors to consider which would be the first step in figuring it out.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • NayaMooreNayaMoore Posts: 60Registered Users
    I recently bought TRESemme naturals and love it. Wondering if I have the old formula . . . What's the difference between the new and the old one? Did they add something bad, because everyone seems to be really upset about the change?

The ingredients are really different than the old one, if your bottle has a black top & black label it's the new formula, the old one has a white top.
  • shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
    sixelamy wrote: »
    I highly recommend Curl Junkie conditioners and Komaza Care conditioners. Do you know your hair properties to be able to pick the right conditioner for your hair? Have you clarified? Have you deep conditioned? Are you using products with protein? There are so many factors to consider which would be the first step in figuring it out.

I do know that my hair is low porosity, protein sensitive, and it hates coconut oil.. so I try to avoid products that contain those ingredients...but still nothing is working :/ I'm also on a budget too so a lot of the conditioners that would probably work wonderfully in my hair I wouldn't be able to afford, so my choices are limited. :(
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    Gotcha. If you haven't tried them already, you may want to look into the Yes To.. conditioners. The Cucumbers is pretty light, and I love the Blueberries. They are $7 at the drugstore. You can use any conditioner as a RO or LI really... but if youre using a LI, there's really no need for a RO unless you are deep conditioning.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • ashlyndmarieashlyndmarie Posts: 211Registered Users
    I'm not sure what you've tried, but Im low porosity and protein sensitive too, also color treated. Ive had great success with gvp conditioning balm, v05 moisture milks, shea moisture conditioners, kckt as my leave in....

I havent tried nourish spa from trader joes but I hear that's good too

Sent from my SGH-T999 using CurlTalk App
  • BotticelliBritBotticelliBrit Posts: 2,075Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    NayaMoore wrote: »
    The ingredients are really different than the old one, if your bottle has a black top & black label it's the new formula, the old one has a white top.

Ahhh, my bottle is white with a white top, so I must have the old one then! It's still available on Amazon if anyone's interested.

Also, from what I can see on the Boots website, they have it available in store still, so it seems us UK gals have easy access to both formulas. How weird . . .
    3B. Med porosity. Med thickness. Med density.

LP: Shea Moisture (currently JBCO)
    Conditioner/CW: Jason Aloe Vera

LI: Aunt Jackie's Curls & Coils Quench
    Refreshing: TRESemmé Naturals Aloe Vera & Avocado
    Gel: DevaCurl Ultra Defining Gel
    DC:
    Aunt Jackie's Soft & Sassy Super Duper Softening Conditioner
    Treatments: Coconut oil/Coconut milk

UK curly. CG since Oct 2013.
    Growing my hair to WL when dry :thumright:
  • wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
    I was going to suggest maybe you should clarify, and retry your stash of conditioners.
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
    I'm not sure what you've tried, but Im low porosity and protein sensitive too, also color treated. Ive had great success with gvp conditioning balm, v05 moisture milks, shea moisture conditioners, kckt as my leave in....

I have noticed that the VO5 Passion Fruit Smoothie seems to do okay in my hair...have you tried that one? It seems fine but I'm afraid to keep using it because I'm afraid it will give me a protein overload...it has soybean extract in it but it's like the 3rd to last ingredient...could that still give me a protein overload even when it's that far down on the ingredients list??
  • ashlyndmarieashlyndmarie Posts: 211Registered Users
    Yes I've tried the passionfruit smoothie...that and the strawberries and cream conditioner...even though they both have protein ive had great success with them, I think because how far down on the list they are.

I have noticed that the VO5 Passion Fruit Smoothie seems to do okay in my hair...have you tried that one? It seems fine but I'm afraid to keep using it because I'm afraid it will give me a protein overload...it has soybean extract in it but it's like the 3rd to last ingredient...could that still give me a protein overload even when it's that far down on the ingredients list??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file