Devacurl Users

shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
I have a question for all of you that use the Devacurl products...

Is the No-Poo conditioning enough to not have to use another conditioner afterwards? Can you cleanse and condition your hair with it? Does it detangle?

I'm wondering because I'm thinking about trying the Devacurl products out, but the products are soo expensive so I wondered if I could get by with just using the No-Poo for cleansing and conditioning and just get both done in one step. That way I wouldn't have to buy another conditioner too.

Can it be done?

Comments

• curlicious13curlicious13 Posts: 1,632Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    The no poo is to be used as a shampoo. But the beauty about the conditioner is that you can use it as a deep condition, rinse out conditioner & leave in. You don't have to buy the gel. You can use the no poo & one condition with cheap gel. I did that & got great results.
    But you do need the no poo & conditioner. I tried the no poo with a cheap conditioner & my hair was a hard mess.
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I personally did not find it conditioning enough to not have to use a conditioner. You don't need to use the matching conditioner with it, you can use whatever you have on hand. The Yes To.. conditioners are very similar to the One Condition, if you'd like a cheaper option :)

The No Poo contains Coco Betaine, so it has a cleanser, I just doesn't suds up like a normal shampoo, hence the No Poo name.

In my experience, I can't use it in the wintertime as it contains a high amount of glycerin. Not sure what your dew points are, but it worked great for me in the spring/summer.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
    I've been thinking about trying the yes to conditioners, but I have heard a lot of people complain that it leaves a horrible waxy residue from the cetyl esters that is in it?
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I've had no problem with the cetyl esters, the lady who did my hair analysis actually recommended products with that ingredient in it. Just depends on your hair, mine loves it. I like the Blueberries the best, but I think the Carrots is the closest to the One Condition. I actually think I like the Blueberries a bit better than the OC.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    I had no problems with the wax in them. The only problem I had was using them on a low dew point day. I was frizzy on that day. But I loved them.
  • shishacurlsshishacurls Posts: 88Registered Users
    sixelamy wrote: »
    I've had no problem with the cetyl esters, the lady who did my hair analysis actually recommended products with that ingredient in it. Just depends on your hair, mine loves it. I like the Blueberries the best, but I think the Carrots is the closest to the One Condition. I actually think I like the Blueberries a bit better than the OC.

Wow, your right, the ingredients for the Yes too..and the One Condition are kinda similar. I just compared them and they both have Cetyl Esters and some other similar ingredients. Thanks for pointing that out to me! :) I'll have to try those out...is the Blueberries one more moisturizing than the Carrots?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file