CurlTalk

what is my hair type pretty please? and advice please

fofrizzyfofrizzy Posts: 1Registered Users
20140316_093510.jpg

1394991392385.jpg

1394991449694.jpg

This is not my first time trying to grow it out, but it is my first time trying to care for it. The other times I would just wash and go. That lead to frizzy poofy out of control hair.
I have been staying away from shampoos and going with cowashing. I have been using a generous amount of coconut oil every night before bed with a shower cap. I also have been using regular conditioner as a leave in.
I wanna make a go at this but I don't want to look like my dads frizzy high school picture. Lol. Any advice would be wonderful!

Comments

• Jeru28Jeru28 Posts: 6Registered Users
    I think you have 2C or 3A hair.
  • CGSince2002CGSince2002 Posts: 1,073Banned Users
    Nice waves! I was reading an article last night about type of curls not really mattering so much but the condition, porisity, and maybe density of it. Since you are a man with short hair it's bound to be very healthy so you don't really need to put a lot of stuff on your hair (lucky you!). IMO, it seems that what you're doing is working well for you! :icon_smile:
    Joined Curltalk 1st time in early '02 shortly after starting CG. I'm a non-practicing Cosmetologist.
    Hair: color-treated, mostly 3A.
    CO-wash: VO5 K&L
    RO: SpaHaus Salon w/OO, VO5 Shea Cashmere, W.R. Trop. Coconut, Daily Defense Moisturizing & others.
    LI: Beautiful Curls w/Shea Butter & C.O., Hollywood Beauty OO Creme, VO5 K&L, Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer.
    Gels: LAL Wet Look, ORS Lock & Twist.
    Oils: Jojoba, EVCO & Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil