Wavies with clumping/uneven curl pattern issues - something worked!

waviewavie Posts: 237Registered Users
Just wanted to say the headband curling method did wonders on my 2b-2c "wavy-kinky" hair. I usually get flat spots, stringiness, and tons of frizz. I tried this method on 2nd day hair and got nice big beach waves that look like I used a curling iron on. I'll probably stick to this method and use it every day before bed. It's SO easy, quick, and best of all - comfy to sleep on. I'm going to try it on damp hair next time! Definitely worth a shot to all those wavies out there - you can find it on youtube/pinterest! :blob2:
Hair type: 2C-3A, very dry, extremely low porosity, med elasticity, insanely thick kinky-wavy.
HGs: Trader Joe's Nourish spa conditioner, Epsom salt rinse, Joico K-pak conditioner

Comments

• chupiechupie Posts: 5,280Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    wavie wrote: »
    Just wanted to say the headband curling method did wonders on my 2b-2c "wavy-kinky" hair. I usually get flat spots, stringiness, and tons of frizz. I tried this method on 2nd day hair and got nice big beach waves that look like I used a curling iron on. I'll probably stick to this method and use it every day before bed. It's SO easy, quick, and best of all - comfy to sleep on. I'm going to try it on damp hair next time! Definitely worth a shot to all those wavies out there - you can find it on youtube/pinterest! :blob2:

I always think about trying that. I'll have to sometime.
    2a medium porous, You can see my wavy tutorials here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy8bclCLgER5N_uVYSYZNxhBHSXAW40OQ and my wavy blog is The Wavy Nation http://wavynation.wordpress.com
  • saralacysaralacy Posts: 56Registered Users
    Wavie, I noticed at the bottom of you page you put epsom salt rinse can you please explain this to me in a little more detail? Like your measurements,how and when its applied. sounds very interesting to me. By the way your hair is pretty I wish I had half as good of waves as you do. Mine is kinda just blah,blah. Thanks
  • wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
    Can you post links to headband method? Thanks!
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
    Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
    RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
    Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
    PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
    :angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
    Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646
  • waviewavie Posts: 237Registered Users
    Here's a good link: no heat curls - YouTube

And thank you!
    I only do the Epsom salt rinse occasionally now. It works for clumping, but it really dries out my hair and leaves it more prone to tangles at the same time. It's similar to a beach/sea salt spray. Here's a link for that: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/recipes-%97-hair-body/11190-epsom-salt-rinse.html
    Hair type: 2C-3A, very dry, extremely low porosity, med elasticity, insanely thick kinky-wavy.
    HGs: Trader Joe's Nourish spa conditioner, Epsom salt rinse, Joico K-pak conditioner
  • claudine191claudine191 Posts: 8,221Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Interesting!

Thank you for posting.
    Ooooo I think this would go well under the curlformers softhood bonnet. I'll have to get a headband and try this the next time I have more time to play with my hair!
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

For me though it would be more to stretch my hair rather than create curl ha

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

• KauaiMareCurlKauaiMareCurl Posts: 317Registered Users
    I tried this a few times and each time it was an epic fail. :-(
  • peszkandypeszkandy Posts: 5Registered Users
    I have had mixed results with this method, sometimes it comes out great other times it is a kinky mess not sure why.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2c/3a
    Bra Strap Length, hoping to hit low back by the end of the year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file