Organix/Ogx Brazilian Keratin Therapy condish

wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
Figured I'd start a new thread for this one.

Here are the new (and improved IMO) ingredients:

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Coconut oil, avocado oil, cocoa seed butter, aloe leaf juice, glycol stearate, glycol distearate, ceteareth-20, isopropyl alcohol, dimethicone, cyclotetrasiloxane, citric acid, cyclopentasiloxane, panthenol, tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, red 40, yellow 5, blue 1, fragrance

It's not CG but I'm taking a break from CG and going coney. I still think the ingredients look good overall, at least for my hair type. I also got the serum which is very coney indeed.
2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:
Poo: Earthbath Oatmeal & Aloe
RO: V05 Kiwi Lime
LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion
Styler: UFD CM, CJ PP
PT: CJ Repair Me

:thumright: hydrolized protein, jelly stylers
:angry8: guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, sulfates, jojoba oil
Neutral on cones.

iherb discount code: CFN646

Comments

• wavydazewavydaze Posts: 2,065Registered Users Curl Novice
    If anyone is interested in its EWG score here's the detailed link: Organix Conditioner, Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy || Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database | Environmental Working Group

Overall it receives a score of 5.

The biggest offenders being fragrance (8 ), DMDM hydantoin (7), METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE (5) and METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE (5).
    2bc/ f / ii. low porosity roots + normal-high porosity shaft where bleached. normal elasticity.

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

Well I tried my new products and I like em! I'm going to keep using and see how they hold up.

I washed with Giovanni 2chic BK&AO, then used the new Ogx condish. Then I added just two pumps of Pattern Pusha, scrunched with a towel and air-dried. On day two I added a little bit of the serum.

Today I'm having a pretty good hair day. 2b, unclumped and natural looking. Will experiment more.

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

• LauraimesLauraimes Posts: 882Registered Users Curl Novice
    Wavydaze, I'm just curious. What made you decide to try cones again? This question is in no way intended to judge you or criticise your decision. I'm honestly curious because I always tend to stick to particular things very strictly rather than being open-minded about other routines when it comes to myself.

Also, thanks for reminding me of EWG. I just checked out Burt's Bees and I still have to take in all the information, but I'm thinking about getting the Baby Bee shampoo after all, purely based on the ingredients.
    F - LP - HD - L/NE
    Fine, low porosity, high density, low/normal elasticity
    Hairtype 2c

Low poo: SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Shampoo
    Detangler/RO: KCKT with 
    Colorful Neutral Protein Filler
    Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number
  • okyouwinokyouwin Posts: 157Registered Users
    I'm going coney these days, too! Good luck with it!
    I'm going to go ahead and say 3a
    fine/medium texture and a bit porous-I color
    Spring routine: Renpure luxurious argan oil shampoo/Loreal Advanced Care Color conditioner , HETT gel
    Microfiber towel/diffuse
    Trying KKCC
    Lauraimes wrote: »
    Wavydaze, I'm just curious. What made you decide to try cones again? This question is in no way intended to judge you or criticise your decision. I'm honestly curious because I always tend to stick to particular things very strictly rather than being open-minded about other routines when it comes to myself.

Well few reasons. 1. I have been strictly CG (okay, I used cones a handful of times) in the past 3-4 years. I've gotten good results. I think now it's time to move on and re-incorporate cones to see if I was missing out on anything. This is still an experiment, I may very well return back to full CG. 2. I haven't found a CG rinse-out conditioner that I love. I found quite a few that I like a lot but not one I loved, so I decided I'd try one with cones. 3. Cones add a nice weight to my hair that I like. My hair is fine and can get cotton-candy-like and flyaway. The weight can loosen my curl pattern a bit so I'm more 2b than 2c, but the most important thing for me is consistency and "ease," especially on the daily, rather than achieving full curl potential if it takes more work (I know the latter is the ultimate goal for a lot of wavies on this board by contrast). 4. I live in an extremely humid, rainy hot climate with yearround high dews. I like that cones can help battle the humidity, and may be better with low-porosity... because unlike LIs that also help battle frizz, they aren't supposed to absorb. They don't make my hair limp or OC-ed, which my fine hair can get with leave-in conditioners. 5. I usually low-poo anyway so I have no reason to not use them. Even my cleansing conditioner has c. betaine in it!

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

This is what my 2nd day looked like with the routine described above:

Currently using:

Neutral on cones.

• LauraimesLauraimes Posts: 882Registered Users Curl Novice
    wavydaze wrote: »
    Lauraimes wrote: »

Well few reasons. 1. I have been strictly CG (okay, I used cones a handful of times) in the past 3-4 years. I've gotten good results. I think now it's time to move on and re-incorporate cones to see if I was missing out on anything. This is still an experiment, I may very well return back to full CG. 2. I haven't found a CG rinse-out conditioner that I love. I found quite a few that I like a lot but not one I loved, so I decided I'd try one with cones. 3. Cones add a nice weight to my hair that I like. My hair is fine and can get cotton-candy-like and flyaway. The weight can loosen my curl pattern a bit so I'm more 2b than 2c, but the most important thing for me is consistency and "ease," especially on the daily, rather than achieving full curl potential if it takes more work (I know the latter is the ultimate goal for a lot of wavies on this board by contrast). 4. I live in an extremely humid, rainy hot climate with yearround high dews. I like that cones can help battle the humidity, and may be better with low-porosity... because unlike LIs that also help battle frizz, they aren't supposed to absorb. They don't make my hair limp or OC-ed, which my fine hair can get with leave-in conditioners. 5. I usually low-poo anyway so I have no reason to not use them. Even my cleansing conditioner has c. betaine in it!

These are sound reasons, wavydaze. Just last week I was considering going back to cones. I was so fed up with never getting consistent results like I did when I used a styling cream with cones (that I still have lying around, btw). I've been able to use that product when I was low-pooing so there should be no problems.

But then KCCC was in stock again and arrived yesterday, so I'm a happy camper now.
    F - LP - HD - L/NE
    Fine, low porosity, high density, low/normal elasticity
    Hairtype 2c

Low poo: SheaMoisture Fruit Fusion Coconut Water Weightless Shampoo
    Detangler/RO: KCKT with 
    Colorful Neutral Protein Filler
    Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,157Registered Users Curl Novice
    I tried cones again recently too and loved it! The only thing I didn't love is any product applied to the top of it on 2nd day hair felt really gross.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights