CurlTalk

What do you like about your hair today?

I notice that I post threads whenever something bothers me about my hair. I notice that when I comment on my own hair in http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/general-discussion-about-curly-hair/158912-7-day-challenge-whos-up.html most of my remarks focus on the things that I don't like about it.

Obviously I am my worst critic, but one of the most important things I've learned about criticism is that it should have a bit of both: pointing out things to improve on as well as things that are really good already.

With this thread I want to focus more on the things that I do like about my hair, which hopefully will help me to accept its imperfections. I still believe it's good to keep improving things, but I should be more appreciative of what I already have.

So post today's picture of your hair and tell us what you like about it :)

This was yesterday (it's morning here and I'm still plopping so yesterday's picture it is for now):

day7_13032014_zps4223cf38.jpg

I like the big, chunky curls on the front of the right side.
I like that it looks really natural and has quite some volume on the right side.
I like the right side, apparently :P (from my perspective btw, so the left when you look at the picture).
F - LP - HD - NE
Fine, low porosity, high density, normal elasticity
Hairtype 2c

Low poo: Petal Fresh Organics Rosemary & Mint Volumizing Shampoo
Protein: Colorful Neutral Protein Filler
Detangler/RO: KCKT (winter) or Curl Junkie Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil (summer)
Styling: KCCC

Beauty Is Not a Number

Comments

• DaniGirl88DaniGirl88 Posts: 1,583Registered Users
    Today I like.....

1. That my hair has more volume that it normally does.
    2. That the curls are bouncier.
    3. That there is less frizz.
    4. That I'm not fussing over it and just letting it do what it wants.

This morning, I told myself to get over it and just let it be. Some frizz is okay and I need to stop trying to perfect it. So, I'm having a good hair day for now. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3B, fine, normal porosity, high density, medium width and length
    Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Co-Wash: As I Am Coconut Co-Wash
    Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

Looking for new products and methods to try!

• yestheyrerealyestheyrereal Posts: 54Registered Users
    I like that I remembered to not use a gel with glycerin because the dews are low today and I have almost no frizz.

I LOVE that I have big, fat curls around the sides and the beginnings of some spirals in the back since I've been letting it grow.

I like that it seems very shiny and bouncy and very soft and well moisturized. I seem to have found my balance with products and moisture.
    2c/3a
    Low-high porosity, fine/medium, high density thick hair, highlighted
    Modified CG since 12/2013
  • JuliaRoseJuliaRose Posts: 68Registered Users
    BEAUTIFUL hair, ladies!

I haven't really even looked at my hair today. I'm on 3rd day hair and I don't think it's terrible. I *do* have a haircut tomorrow and I'm *super* pumped about it. :toothy7:
    Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
    RO: Sweet Curls Elixirs Conditioning Elixir
    Styler: SCE Flax Seed Gel and Hard Hold Gel
  • LauraimesLauraimes Posts: 880Registered Users
    DaniGirl88, your curls look amazing!

Keep all the likes and positivity coming, I love it :D
    F - LP - HD - NE
    Hairtype 2c

Detangler/RO: KCKT (winter) or Curl Junkie Beauticurls Argan & Olive Oil (summer)

Beauty Is Not a Number
    Lauraimes wrote: »
    DaniGirl88, your curls look amazing!

Keep all the likes and positivity coming, I love it :D

Thank you!!! The lighting at work is horrible and this was the best picture I could get. They are more defined than they normally are today. =)

I love this thread by the way, thanks for creating it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave in Products: As I Am Leave-In, SM Smoothie/Milk, KCKT, Giovanni Direct Leave-In
    Air Dry

• BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users
    You all have gorgeous curls!!

Well, today I like this one spunky little curl that wants to sit up front. :D

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1394825979.008354.jpg
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • Zippytatiana9Zippytatiana9 Posts: 134Registered Users
    Today I like that I didn't put any product in it :) I feel so free, and it defiantly saved time in the morning
    Started my journey September 8th, 20138)
    High Density, 4A Curls, Fine-Medium Strands, Normal- Low elasticity, Low/normal porosity
    Current Hair-length: APL (straight)
    Hair-length Goal: AP length when curly
    Still trying to figure out my curly hair needs & regimen
    "Confidence Is Beautiful":love5:
  • KauaiMareCurlKauaiMareCurl Posts: 317Registered Users
    Today (actually this afternoon), I like the major curl action I have going on when I COMBED MY HAIR after applying product.

I also like that I didn't have to worry about growing out my gray, since I never dyed to cover it up. (I overheard two ladies talking about wanting to grow out their gray, but didn't want to deal with the stripe.)
  • WhisperesWhisperes Posts: 28Registered Users
    I absolutely love this thread. I tend to be super critical of my own hair too, to the point where I forget to look at the good sides.

Today I like the fact that I'm hardly wearing any product in my hair either (except for KCSS) and that my hair feels so light and bouncy!

03-14_kcss.jpg

I really like the way everyone else's curls look too. Way to embrace everything about our hair, right? :D
    xox Marieke // Whisperes

2c (on top) & 3b high density, low porosity, fine, protein craving curls

Pre-poo & sealant: HPO Happy Scalp, Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
    Co-wash: Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner
    Protein Treatment & Deep Conditioner: CJ Repair Me!, Spiral Solutions Protein Treatment
    Rinse-out: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner
    Detangler: KCKT
    Styling: KCSS, Mop Top Curly Custard
  • JeliahJeliah Posts: 248Registered Users
    I love how shiny my twist out is today. Especially, since I only used my homemade styling products.ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1395202271.765480.jpg
  • AngelaE8654AngelaE8654 Posts: 1,099Banned Users
    Jeliah wrote: »
    I love how shiny my twist out is today. Especially, since I only used my homemade styling products.ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1395202271.765480.jpg

What is a twist out, exactly? I absolutely love this picture of your hair. It's so beautiful. Are these curls a twist out?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier. :)
  • bobbybobby Posts: 669Registered Users

Looking gorgeous, as I try to contain my jealousy of your hair. ;)
    2B always with potential of white man's fro

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/bobby-albums-my-album.html

"Curls aren't just for girls"
  • CloudNineCloudNine Posts: 79Registered Users
    I like this thread. My hair can be very overwhelming and it's hard to appreciate it sometimes. Now I can take the time to remind myself of my hair's positives :queen:

Today my ponytail was super bouncy and light as a feather :toothy4: Due to banding it was longer than usual (almost full APL) and because I used an activator gel my hair was very fluffy.
    Curl Pattern: A crazy mix of 4B, 4A, and even 3B.

Normal porosity, high density, medium width strands.

Current length: Bra strap length
    Short-term goal: Mid-back length
    Ultimate Goal: Waist length
  • SamanthascurlzSamanthascurlz Posts: 1,082Registered Users

Your hair is absolutely breath taking..
    CG, High Porosity, Fine, Low Density, Medium Elasticity
    Suave, V05, GF Go clean gel, ACV rinses, CO, and Gelatine PT.
    [URL="[url=http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/samanthascurlz-albums-evolvement-my-hair.html]Curls[/url]"][/url]Curls
  • mandymaemandymae Posts: 150Registered Users
    I like that I was able to get true 2nd day hair for the first time since September!
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love the versatility of my hair with this new cut! It was curly last night, slept on it and didn't have to do anything to it this morning, not even product! Sporting the waves. And BONUS - it's been sprinkling rain all morning, so during my 5 minute walk into work, my curls sprang up and it looks 10x better!

I love being a wavy & curly head :D
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
    I like that people at work identified me as the one with the "gorgeous curls." Love it!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Air Dry

• JeliahJeliah Posts: 248Registered Users

What is a twist out, exactly? I absolutely love this picture of your hair. It's so beautiful. Are these curls a twist out?

Thank you so much!!!! A twist out is a style achieved by putting twists in the hair to set the pattern in more of a wave. My natural curl pattern is much tighterImageUploadedByCurlTalk1395246257.752555.jpg
  • sixelamysixelamy Posts: 4,156Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thank you so much!!!! A twist out is a style achieved by putting twists in the hair to set the pattern in more of a wave. My natural curl pattern is much tighterImageUploadedByCurlTalk1395246257.752555.jpg

Your shirt matches your phone :D
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • aspenaspen Posts: 154Registered Users
    1sWAowtzzIQeAi1XQhKB4I.jpg

I like how my mish-mash of colours looks today, and the crazy variation in my curly pattern :)
    3A-3B / Medium / High Density / Low Porosity
    Modified CG
    Low poo: Creme of Nature Argan Oil Moisture & Shine
    Conditioner: Curls Unleashed NB
    Leave in: Creme of Natura Argan Oil Strengthen & Shine
    Styling Product: Curl Keeper/ Curly Solutions gel
    So pretty, Aspen! I want your curls.
    F - LP - HD - NE
    Hairtype 2c

Beauty Is Not a Number
  • kolochitakolochita Posts: 118Registered Users
    Lauraimes and aspen, I love your hair! Very pretty and perfect :3

I should take more pictures of my hair...today was 2nd day hair. I like that I could sport a half-up style easily and that it looked nice in spite of some frizz.

Sent from my GT-S6310N using CurlTalk App
    Latina

Type: 3a
    Dense, fine/medium texture, low porosity

Low-poo: Devacurl No-Poo/ Yes to Carrots Nourishing Shampoo/ Elacel Aloe Vera Shampoo
    Conditioner: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
    Leave-in: Devacurl Set It Free/Lush R& B
    Styling: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Spray-Gel/ L'Oreal Silk & Gloss Curl Power Mousse
    sixelamy wrote: »
    I love the versatility of my hair with this new cut! It was curly last night, slept on it and didn't have to do anything to it this morning, not even product! Sporting the waves. And BONUS - it's been sprinkling rain all morning, so during my 5 minute walk into work, my curls sprang up and it looks 10x better!

I love being a wavy & curly head :D

That's actually a nice thing about our hair type. It looks better after getting caught in the rain. I'm in Washington State (on the coast) and when I was straightening my hair, I would have to bundle up against any bit of mist or fog or any of that as it would completely ruin the straightening job. But now, I don't have to even think about the weather, really. It's nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm definitely a "curly" 2c. Sometimes curly and sometimes just wavy upper layer with a ringlety under layer. My hair has been thick and coarse since birth. Strawberry blonde in color that can and does change depending on the type and amount of light.

All in all, I'm happy with my hair type but almost for sure think yours is prettier. :)
  • kolochitakolochita Posts: 118Registered Users
    ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1395321574.785576.jpg

This is my hair today, after washing and diffusing, i'm really pleased with it, even better than yesterday when i first posted!
    Latina

Type: 3a
    Dense, fine/medium texture, low porosity

Low-poo: Devacurl No-Poo/ Yes to Carrots Nourishing Shampoo/ Elacel Aloe Vera Shampoo
    Conditioner: Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Conditioner
    Leave-in: Devacurl Set It Free/Lush R& B
    Styling: Herbal Essences Set Me Up Spray-Gel/ L'Oreal Silk & Gloss Curl Power Mousse
  • TrickTrick Posts: 140Registered Users
    I like my twirly clumps in front (which I'm about to wreck as I was across the city to my office, unfortunately!).

ImageUploadedByCurlTalk1395323811.774793.jpg

2c/3a, fine, low porosity.

Poo: Garnier Fructis Pure Clean (yes, it has A Sulfate!!, but I have Teflon hair)
    Co-wash (when I feel so inclined, which isn't often!): VO5 Kiwi Lime Clarifying Conditioner
    Conditioner/LI:
    same for both -- whatever I have in the shower at the time (I experiment a lot)
    Style: EcoStyler Olive Oil <3
    Dry: Diffuse or air dry, or both...depends on my mood

• JuliaRoseJuliaRose Posts: 68Registered Users
    So many beautiful curls this week, ladies!

Last night at work I was told that my hair is beautiful, looks so healthy and I should never straighten it, so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

This morning I woke up to great 2nd day hair. I used a little SCE Curl Cream to smooth out a little frizz up top and refresh a couple of loose curls from their night clipped up.

I think I have also discovered that my hair does not like shea. I'm going to remove it from my routine and see if the frizz reduces even more. Yesterday, I clarified and received Curl Junkie Daily Fix in the mail, so fingers crossed for me on my shea-less journey! (I'll have to rehome the numerous Shea Moisture products in my bathroom, but good thing I have quite a few curly friends. I'm going to miss that coconut & hibiscus smell so much!)
    Cowash: CJ Daily Fix
    RO: Sweet Curls Elixirs Conditioning Elixir
    Styler: SCE Flax Seed Gel and Hard Hold Gel
  • Fifi.GFifi.G Posts: 15,490Registered Users
    That it is long enough to put in a pony or bun because I had no want, urge or desire to mess with it this morning.
    When I hear terms like "hipster" I think, who told cliques they could leave high school??

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StarmieStarmie Posts: 6,681Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    That normal service seems to have resumed with my fringe!

aspen - I love the colour of your hair.
    3b in South Australia.
    Okay no picture this time, but I like that I have big, chunky curls and that my hair is rather voluminous again. Oh, good KCCC, I'm so glad to have a new tub :D
    F - LP - HD - NE
    Hairtype 2c

Beauty Is Not a Number
    Just deep conditioned, rinsed and combed. Absolutely no product at all and my hair is about 50% wet. Taking good care of hair and providing moisture really does allow the curl to come out. I actually have definition, which I hadn't see in the top layer for quite some time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]