I don't know what to do :(

100100 Registered Users Posts: 2
I have had curly hair all my life, mostly natural. Always long, and not always well taken care of :( Well about 4 months ago I got a pixie cut, and I hate it, but now I don't know what to do to make it grow faster. I need to find growing out styles to inspire me. I have an appointment this Saturday to trim the back as it is getting a little "mullety". Can anyone help me with pictures of how to style it in this awkward stage? All I could find on Google where styles for girls growing out straight hair :(
TIA

Comments

• Firefox7275Firefox7275 Registered Users Posts: 3,750 Curl Neophyte
    Welcome!

Check out YouTube for loads of tightly curly ladies styling very short hair after the 'big chop' (cutting out relaxer). Consider treating yourself to some pretty headbands or earrings.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    Don't be discouraged! My hair used to grow very slowly but now that I take care of it, it grows much faster.

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    Can't tell you how many times I've grown out a pixie. The only thing I managed to do was use lots of headbands and some butterfly/claw clips. You can twist front portions back a little and pin it with a butterfly/claw clip. My friend was playing with my hair to figure out a good style for a wedding. She clipped my hair like this - this is something that you could do.

Ignore the neighbor boy, he was in love with me lol
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens
  • 100100 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thank you so much for your answers. I am loving all the good tips on this site. And looking on the bright side my hair will
    grow nice and healthy
  • mustangbunnymustangbunny Registered Users Posts: 1,033
    100 wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your answers. I am loving all the good tips on this site. And looking on the bright side my hair will
    grow nice and healthy

I have been growing my hair out for some time and I have decided to cut some of the length out because I would rather it grow out healthier. So you're not alone!

Low-poo: Looking for a new one.
    Condish: V05 Tea Therapy, Body Shop Banana
    Leave in: Giovanni Direct Leave In
    PT: My hair needs very little. I use Suave Naturals Coconut when I need a little bit and follow up with a moisturizing conditioner.
    Styler: Giovanni LA

Go Red Wings!
    :hockey:

• sixelamysixelamy Registered Users Posts: 4,157 Curl Novice
    Looking back at my pixie makes me want to cut my hair too! lol My bf would kill me... he loves my hair.
    2c-3a - med-coarse - normal-high porosity - high density
    :bunny:
    NP/LP: CJ Daily Fix, KMF Whenever / Giovanni TTTT
    RO/LI: Aussie Moist, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Hask Keratin Protein
    DC/PROTEIN: KC Stellar Strands / CNPF
    STYLER: CJ Curl Queen
    COLOR: henna, amla & indigo
    :thumbdown:: glycerin in high/low dews, polyquat-10 & 11, parabens

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights