How do I fix my hair?

KenyaQ36KenyaQ36 Posts: 1Registered Users
For as long as I can remember I have worn my hair in a ponytail or a bun. I could never manage to detangle my hair or figure out what to do with it, and coming from a family where i am the only one who has curly hair, it was difficult to figure it out by myself. Because of my hair being in a ponytail or bun continuously for about 8 years, the front section of my hair is dry, damaged, and refuses to curl. It just hangs limp and frizzy which further inclines me to just put it in a bun. It also never gets wet like seriously it dries in 2 seconds xD.

I dont know if anyone else has been in the same situation but if so, it would really help to hear tips for "rejuvenating" that part of my hair. Btw i have 3b/c hair that is a few inches past my shoulders when curly and down the middle of my back when straight. Its insanely frizzy and puffy and dry. :/

Comments

• BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    What is your regime and what products do you use?

The reason I'm asking this is in lots of cases a bit of tweaking helps resolve the problem.
  • rhassoulrhassoul Posts: 2Registered Users
    It could be because of a shampoo you use.

My suggestion is to stop using shampoo at all. It could sound strange but try to wash your hair with rhassoul clay.

There are even posts in this forum about rhassoul clay.
    Rhassoul Clay for hair wash and skin care
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Try conditioner only washing and use plenty of leave in conditioner afterwards. Stay away from brushes and combs, they separate clumps of curls into individual hairs, in other words cause frizz! Only detangle in the shower when hair is slathered in a slippy conditioner, use fingers or a very wide tooth comb.

If you wear your hair up pull it back loosely and change up your style regularly - cinnamon bun, lazy wrap bun, high or low position. Spin Pins hold a loose bun securely, hair sticks and beak clips are much kinder to hair than ponytail elastics.

Use a curl cream or gel with some oil added (see Ecostyler custard recipes on YouTube, or make flaxseed jelly) to hold rather than hairspray.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect
  • BluebloodBlueblood Posts: 1,748Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You can now buy ecostyler custard already made so you don't have to mix it yourself.
  • Firefox7275Firefox7275 Posts: 3,750Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Apparently the ready made custard is not the same as the DIY.
    2a-2c, medium texture, porous/ colour treated. Three years CG. Past bra strap length heading for waist.

CO-wash: Inecto coconut/ Elvive Volume Collagen
    Treatments: Komaza Care Matani, coconut/ sweet almond/ fractionated coconut oils, Hairveda Sitrinillah
    Leave in: Fructis Sleek & Shine (old), Gliss Ultimate Volume, various Elvive
    Styler: Umberto Giannini jelly, Au Naturale styling gelee
    Flour sack towel, pixie diffuse or air dry.
    Experimenting with: benign neglect

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file